News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Another DC candidate

Started by MightyGiants, January 23, 2024, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

The Giants are becoming the Bills Lite. Not sure if that's a good thing.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on January 23, 2024, 11:45:22 AMThe Giants are becoming the Bills Lite. Not sure if that's a good thing.

"Bills lite" would be great compared to what we are right now.

Jolly Blue Giant

First thing I did was look up his career on Wiki and this is what I found:

40 years old (good) and has worked with Daboll
Resume shows that he's coached all areas of the secondary, with none on the defensive line

Next I look up our current DL Coach (Andre Patterson) and wonder how he fits with Babbich (age-wise and experience-wise)

Patterson is 63 years old and has a significant resume that tells me that maybe he should be considered as the DC

I think it would behoove us, if Patterson was involved with interviewing Babbich. But I'm just a fan...what do I know?  :-??
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on January 23, 2024, 11:45:22 AMThe Giants are becoming the Bills Lite. Not sure if that's a good thing.

I am not sure if the Bills are an organization that's not quite good enough or if they are a pretty good organization that has the misfortune of being in the same conference as Mahommes and the Chiefs.  :hmm:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dumpster Dan

MIght as well get the negativity out there now on Babich before his interview tomorrow

I understand that he grew up a Cowboys fan, has two left feet and is hard of hearing which should help because when Dabes yells at him he wont hear him

Dumpster Dan

BluesCruz

Its not

They cannot even decide to start kicking em at the left goal post

you rarely see a slice in the NFL usually a hook
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on January 23, 2024, 03:05:22 PMMIght as well get the negativity out there now on Babich before his interview tomorrow

I understand that he grew up a Cowboys fan, has two left feet and is hard of hearing which should help because when Dabes yells at him he wont hear him

Dumpster Dan
=))
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

I have been seeing some folks on Michigan websites saying that the Eagles and Giants have expressed interest un Jesse Minter.

He did not meet with the Jaguars.  He may be waiting to see what Harbaugh does as he has been linked with going with him to the NFL or staying with him at Michigan.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Philosophers on January 24, 2024, 10:12:33 AMI have been seeing some folks on Michigan websites saying that the Eagles and Giants have expressed interest un Jesse Minter.

He did not meet with the Jaguars.  He may be waiting to see what Harbaugh does as he has been linked with going with him to the NFL or staying with him at Michigan.

I posted this previously, Minter would be my first choice as a DC . You are probably correct though that he will follow Harbaugh . I watched what Michigan did defensively against Ohio State, Alabama and Washington and said would I love to have their DC as mine with the Giants , but alas it will not happen

Giantleap56

Only thing I would want from the Bills is Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs. Other than that I want nothing to do with that coaching staff.

RelaxTension

Quote from: Giantleap56 on January 24, 2024, 12:18:00 PMOnly thing I would want from the Bills is Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs. Other than that I want nothing to do with that coaching staff.

Diggs is not the same player he used to be and doesn't seem like a team player.
Let him go play with his brother with his $27 million cap hit next season.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

I have no real view on Babich as I know almost nothing about him other than his basic bio. I'll likely wait until we have our guy and then do more of a deep dive on whoever it is before I express an opinion on the hire. I'm frankly much more concerned with the draft at this point.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 24, 2024, 12:44:50 PMI have no real view on Babich as I know almost nothing about him other than his basic bio. I'll likely wait until we have our guy and then do more of a deep dive on whoever it is before I express an opinion on the hire. I'm frankly much more concerned with the draft at this point.

The draft is about 3 months away. A DC right now is important as is free agency which is before the draft and could determine who we draft . So, all these mock drafts , which are fun to do, really are meaningless.