News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Connor Hughs- Volatility issues cost Brian Daboll previous coaching jobs

Started by MightyGiants, January 27, 2024, 07:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster Dan

Asking a serious question because I dont remember

Did Daboll have these anger issues in his first year??

Dumpster Dan

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dumpster Dan on January 27, 2024, 11:59:19 AMAsking a serious question because I dont remember

Did Daboll have these anger issues in his first year??

Dumpster Dan

Connor addressed this.  He said his issues were better tolerated when they were winning
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ralphpal1

Like someone else wrote
How didnt they know about this before
If no one cared then why not
If it was a one time thing i can see
But
K toney
E apple
The other cornerback that had a gamble.problem
All these players they said had no problems and just wanted to play ball
Something is wrong

Giant Obsession

For God sake
Let's be done with this mess cuz it won't get better.

Hire Rivera (see Joe Torre hiring by the Yankees)
or Hire Vrabel

This organization needs a spark
NOT
putting out constant fires.

Coach Sparky ain't gonna change and more importantly he makes terrible crunch time decisions, probably as a result of his uncontrollable temper.  See his halftime interview at Buffalo.

And Graham Gano decision, or rather lack of a proper decision for almost a month.

2 losses for the lack of guts, brains or football sense where a grand total of TWO yards insures victory.

Let's not even discuss the 4 to 5 games we looked totally unprepared.  INEXCUSABLE.

Our starters are not such a well oiled machine that they sit on the bench the entire preseason.  They should play at least half of every preseason game, potential for injury be damned.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

BlueMoshik

Quote from: Philosophers on January 27, 2024, 09:39:06 AMWait the Giants did not uncover this during their due diligence on him?

You mean the same Giants that made Joe Judge their head coach?

andrew_nyGiants

Bring back Colonel Tom in as President of Football Operations: Schoen & Daboll both report to him and all the Mara/Tish clowns are contractually obligated to sit down & STFU.

Tommy in the end is a steady hand who guides Daboll visa vis his behavior....and keeps the organization honest on its promise protecting Schoen to run the football operation with no interference.

Then sit back and enjoy watching the Giants get back to its winning ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Painter

For me, the question is, did Mara hire Schoen and Daboll as a package, or was it Schoen that he wanted and so left the HC decision to his new GM as is generally the case? The answer may be what determines the future for one (Daboll) or both depending on the team's performance.

Cheers!

TDToomer

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 28, 2024, 12:06:02 PMBring back Colonel Tom in as President of Football Operations: Schoen & Daboll both report to him and all the Mara/Tish clowns are contractually obligated to sit down & STFU.

Tommy in the end is a steady hand who guides Daboll visa vis his behavior....and keeps the organization honest on its promise protecting Schoen to run the football operation with no interference.

Then sit back and enjoy watching the Giants get back to its winning ways.

Because things worked out so well with Coughlin in Jacksonville in the same capacity.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on January 28, 2024, 09:33:50 PMBecause things worked out so well with Coughlin in Jacksonville in the same capacity.

I'd take Tom back in a minute. Jacksonville did well for awhile with Tom and remember his wife was very sick also so who knows what he was or wasn't able to do in those days

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 28, 2024, 09:33:50 PMBecause things worked out so well with Coughlin in Jacksonville in the same capacity.
He wouldn't be making personnel decisions in the role I suggested.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on January 28, 2024, 09:37:29 PMI'd take Tom back in a minute. Jacksonville did well for awhile with Tom and remember his wife was very sick also so who knows what he was or wasn't able to do in those days

The has one good season where they beat the Steelers in the playoffs with all the players drafted by Dave Caldwell before Coughlin arrived. Beside that one season they sucked and because the worst team in the NFL, leading to the right to draft Lawrence. Coughlin has proven NOTHING as a front office executive. He is also 75 this year.

Between him and Belichick what is with this obsession with aging football coaches on this forum? It's a young mans league.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 28, 2024, 09:45:05 PMThe has one good season where they beat the Steelers in the playoffs with all the players drafted by Dave Caldwell before Coughlin arrived. Beside that one season they sucked and because the worst team in the NFL, leading to the right to draft Lawrence. Coughlin has proven NOTHING as a front office executive. He is also 75 this year.

Between him and Belichick what is with this obsession with aging football coaches on this forum? It's a young mans league.
Yeah, I mean Andy Reed is a Young Buck!

TDToomer

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on January 28, 2024, 10:05:15 PMYeah, I mean Andy Reed is a Young Buck!

Who wins year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year...  Stop embarrassing yourself.

BlueMoshik

Guys. Have you seen interviews with Tom Coughlin recently?

His football career is most definitely over. Nostalgia is never a good way to manage a football franchise. Let the man enjoy his golden years with his grandkids.