News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2024 NFL Free Agents: Quarterback

Started by MightyGiants, January 29, 2024, 12:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Here's a mission statement for the Giants' quarterback situation in 2024:

"Look at what the Cardinals did with their Murray injury situation in 2023, what went right, what went wrong, you're now the 2023 Cardinals, what are you going to do?"

It's as simple as that. Ironically enough, Josh Dobbs is also available. After the Cardinals traded him to Minnesota, where he self-destructed, he probably scared some teams away. But with the Cardinals, he actually accomplished quite a bit of positive vibes until Murray was ready.

I may be in the minority, and my bias of being a local Phoenician may be showing here, but I wouldn't have a problem if the Giants signed Dobbs until Jones was ready. Dobbs has lived it, understands it and knows what would be expected of him. Finally, he would also be affordable. He can be had for pennies over $1 million.

Why not?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)