News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Matt Miller Giants QB rumor

Started by MightyGiants, February 05, 2024, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 07, 2024, 11:37:33 AMLenn: Technically, you're correct regarding my assertion that it has been a long, long time since the Giants had a decent number-one WR, but Jones and OBJ never played together, so that doesn't change the fact that none of the QB's currently on the Giants has ever had an elite WR to throw to.

The point is that in the modern (pass-heavy) NFL, having a WR (or TE) who commands a double-team or special game plan is (1) vital and (2) IMO necessary to enable a fair evaluation of a QB.

I think every Super Bowl winner since the game evolved to be pass-oriented has had such a player, and a few had  TWO such players. In the "old days" (previous era) having a great RB was just as necessary to have a great RB.

Bob

Bob

Once again, I agree that it is a pass-first league, but look at the two teams in the SB and both have a very strong running game. Without that, they aren't here, as with the other 30 teams that will be watching on TV.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 07, 2024, 11:37:33 AMLenn: Technically, you're correct regarding my assertion that it has been a long, long time since the Giants had a decent number-one WR, but Jones and OBJ never played together, so that doesn't change the fact that none of the QB's currently on the Giants has ever had an elite WR to throw to.

The point is that in the modern (pass-heavy) NFL, having a WR (or TE) who commands a double-team or special game plan is (1) vital and (2) IMO necessary to enable a fair evaluation of a QB.

I think every Super Bowl winner since the game evolved to be pass-oriented has had such a player, and a few had  TWO such players. In the "old days" (previous era) having a great RB was just as necessary to have a great RB.

Bob

How many QBs have a true elite wideout, Bob? Half a dozen.

At QB you have to make it happen with the tools at your disposal.