News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Discussion on the top WR prospects and NYG

Started by MightyGiants, February 22, 2024, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/rydunleavy/status/1760733194587099515?s=20

Beyond that, I heard someone (I forget who but I don't listen to fools) say that if you eliminated positional value the three best players in this draft are WRs
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I agree 100%.  My problem is if Malik Nabers cant be more than 7 yards from the LOS because the Giants QB continues to be under siege, then how valuable is Malik Nabers?

Bob In PA

I want Harrison, Jr.  This guy, at worst, is better than any WR currently on the Giants.  At best, he is the reincarnation of Larry Fitzgerald.  We should be so lucky as to get him!

My question with Nabors is... which came first the chicken or the egg? His college QB was my favorite QB in this draft, and if we assume one of them made the other look better than he is, the question is "which one did what?"  Of course it's possible they're BOTH top ten first round guys, but I ask you... how rare would that be?

As for Odunze, he's a completely different type of WR from the other two, and the question then becomes whether he is a better fit for Daboll/Kafka?  The good news is... if they pick him, it will be obvious he fits in. The other two guys (I am certain) do fit in. This guy is a Bill Parcells type of pick, IMO.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

squibber

madbadger

I like both but lean towards Odunze. We haven't had a big physical starting receiver since Plaxico shot himself. Having said that I wouldn't be upset with Nabers either.

londonblue

If we can protect the QB and if we have a QB who can make downfield and sideline throws my answer is Odunze. If we are stuck with quick hit dink and dunk inside the hash marks then it is Nabers.

In the scenario we are taking one of them Jones or a TT level QB2 will be at QB so even if our OL is better Nabers will likely offer the most next season. Beyond that I would hope we find a way to get functional QB play and then I prefer Odunze.

Pick your poison, they are both good.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

GloryDays

Those two are both good, but I am not sure if they are worthy of such a high pick.
Also, considering that this is a deep draft at WR, I would rather we trade back for more picks. We have an O line to fix and our Pass rush also needs addressing.
There are a few great 2nd round values at WR like Ladd McConkey and Xavier Leggett. Other good ones in the third too.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on February 22, 2024, 04:18:34 PMI like both but lean towards Odunze. We haven't had a big physical starting receiver since Plaxico shot himself. Having said that I wouldn't be upset with Nabers either.

Can't argue with this take. Pretty spot-on.

I guess the only small point I'd make is over the years I've heard a lot of complaining about how none of our receivers can separate to the point of getting wide open for Jones. Nabers can separate like crazy. Odunze definitely brings other elite level skills and attributes to the table and may indeed be the better pick, but if we're talking about ability to separate, Nabers is at the top of that list. That dude can seriously get open.

DaveBrown74

Unfortunately you never truly know for sure. Find me one person on this board who said Evan Neal would be a bust. He was seen to be as stone cold a lock as you could possibly have.

The truth is you never truly know.

Philosophers

I want a big very fast very physical WR with the maturity to challenge the other WRs to do everything better — better routes, better fakes, more film study, everything.  Who is that prospect?

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 22, 2024, 06:22:05 PMCan't argue with this take. Pretty spot-on.

I guess the only small point I'd make is over the years I've heard a lot of complaining about how none of our receivers can separate to the point of getting wide open for Jones. Nabers can separate like crazy. Odunze definitely brings other elite level skills and attributes to the table and may indeed be the better pick, but if we're talking about ability to separate, Nabers is at the top of that list. That dude can seriously get open.

Robinson and Hyatt have show the ability to separate and despite the fact Robinson was on the roster last year both were playing their first full season of professional football this year. Lots of room for growth between the two. If they don't go qb at six they need to add another weapon for Jones this year and whoever the quarterback is going to be the year after and beyond.

brownelvis54

Here how I see it

#6 Malik Nabers

# 39 Kingsley Suamataia

# 47 Cooper Beebe

# 70 Blake Corum

# 108 Cade Stover
The KING is in the building

Bob In PA

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on February 22, 2024, 06:42:00 PMUnfortunately you never truly know for sure. Find me one person on this board who said Evan Neal would be a bust. He was seen to be as stone cold a lock as you could possibly have.

The truth is you never truly know.

DB: I never advocated for Evan Neal (until after they picked him; hey, I'm nothing if not loyal lol).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

londonblue

The OL is getting fixed in FA as Schoen is 0/3 on OL picks so far. Maybe one of them will turn it around but it is clear that this evaluation is not a strength of Giants scouts and front office. We might draft one OL if the new coach has a strong feel for someone but we are not multiple dipping IMO.

Choosing players with actual NFL tape in free agency is easier providing you don't over pay/rely too heavily on ageing guys. We will likely have to pay the "we suck" premium as Mighty noted elsewhere but so be it.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Jclayton92