News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The more I hear the more the Giants option at 6 will be

Started by MightyGiants, March 01, 2024, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

In no way was that meant as criticism of your views and selections, Rich. I certainly wasn't editing your choices. Quite the contrary, I was reminding all of us as to why we call it the Silly Season, which probably was unnecessary and perhaps even tedious. I shouldn't have commented, I guess.

Cheers!

katkavage

Quote from: Painter on March 01, 2024, 12:16:44 PMIn no way was that meant as criticism of your views and selections, Rich. I certainly wasn't editing your choices. Quite the contrary, I was reminding all of us as to why we call it the Silly Season, which probably was unnecessary and perhaps even tedious. I shouldn't have commented, I guess.

Cheers!

Now we need Painter to start a blog: Mocking the Mocks

Gman329

If we pick McCarthy at 6, I will be needing a new TV.  I can't even imagine that's a consideration. 

President Rick

IF mccarthy is qb#4 in this draft, then where does that place him if you are committed to taking the best player available [albeit in a position of some to high need] with pick #6??????????????

that sounds like a real long shot IMO.  I'd go OL or a top 3 WR at pick 6 and look for a backup qb in FA or in round 2.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 01, 2024, 08:35:21 AMLT Joe Alt
WR Rome Odunze
QB J.J. McCarthy

I believe QBs Williams, Maye, and Daniels go in some order 1,2, and 3

I think WR Harrison and WR Nabers go in some order 4 and 5

So who do you take?

In this scenario with Nabers gone, I wonder if the Bears would be interested in trading up from #9 to land Odunze tk pair with their new QB.

I think if Nabers falls to the Giants, the Bears would then roll the dice in Odunze dropping to them. But if not, they might be interested.

We'd pick up an extra 3rd rounder (and maybe a 5th?), and still be in a position to land McCarthy, Alt, Turner.

Painter

Quote from: katkavage on March 01, 2024, 12:19:43 PMNow we need Painter to start a blog: Mocking the Mocks

Not a bad idea. How about I start with you...I mean yours. It certainly wouldn't take much time or imagination.

Cheers!

gregf

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 01, 2024, 08:35:21 AMLT Joe Alt
WR Rome Odunze
QB J.J. McCarthy

I believe QBs Williams, Maye, and Daniels go in some order 1,2, and 3

I think WR Harrison and WR Nabers go in some order 4 and 5

So who do you take?

All solid options. I like Alt, but that really depends if new o line coach feels Neal is better at guard.  I'd love a QB,but the 4th QB at 6 -You'd better be sold he is an upgrade. At this point, I think it's WR, with o line help in rd 2 and FA. A QB is definitely in play to move back into rd 1 or rd 2.

katkavage

Quote from: Painter on March 01, 2024, 12:51:37 PMNot a bad idea. How about I start with you...I mean yours. It certainly wouldn't take much time or imagination.

Cheers!

If I ever in my life made/make a mock draft you can have at it. I'd welcome your crank, after all this is supposed to be fun, an escape. Nothing to take too seriously. At least I don't and would recommend others take a breath which is why I suggested mocking the Mocks.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 01, 2024, 09:41:34 AMIf we're not drafting a QB and Nabers is there at 6, he'd be tough to pass up. Odunze is impressive for sure and does bring certain attributes to the table that Nabers doesn't, but the same can be said about Nabers. His tape really pops for me and has all year. The guy is flat out explosive and can seriously separate. His moves in the open field are also second to none.

What is Nabers maturity level?  Anyone read anything tangible about it?

I dont want partying on a boat in Miami 2.0

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 01, 2024, 02:08:45 PMWhat is Nabers maturity level?  Anyone read anything tangible about it?

I dont want partying on a boat in Miami 2.0

Is there any concrete, legitimately sourced evidence that he has displayed immaturity or an otherwise bad attitude?

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 01, 2024, 02:36:56 PMIs there any concrete, legitimately sourced evidence that he has displayed immaturity or an otherwise bad attitude?
It's the nonsense season.

jimc

Quote from: President Rick on March 01, 2024, 12:40:04 PMIF mccarthy is qb#4 in this draft, then where does that place him if you are committed to taking the best player available [albeit in a position of some to high need] with pick #6??????????????

that sounds like a real long shot IMO.  I'd go OL or a top 3 WR at pick 6 and look for a backup qb in FA or in round 2.

I agree, except I wouldn't take o lineman at 6 unless an it was a lt. I want an impact player at 6. WR, Edge, CB....
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on March 01, 2024, 03:21:02 PMIt's the nonsense season.

Well I have no idea. Maybe there's something I missed on him. That's totally possible. Hence why I asked.

I personally haven't seen anything like that myself on him though. And I'm not just going to stereotype the guy as some thug or diva solely because he went to LSU without there being any actual red flags from a credible source.

Jclayton92

Quote from: gregf on March 01, 2024, 01:31:22 PMAll solid options. I like Alt, but that really depends if new o line coach feels Neal is better at guard.  I'd love a QB,but the 4th QB at 6 -You'd better be sold he is an upgrade. At this point, I think it's WR, with o line help in rd 2 and FA. A QB is definitely in play to move back into rd 1 or rd 2.
From everything I've heard, the Giants have spoken to a ton of guards and tackles agents at the combine. All seem to be mid level signings were they can bring in 2 guards and a swing to add depth and competition hopefully finalizing the line.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 01, 2024, 02:36:56 PMIs there any concrete, legitimately sourced evidence that he has displayed immaturity or an otherwise bad attitude?

I am asking because only thing I read about him is what everyone keeps repeating which is explosive.

How does he train?  What do coaches say about his dedication in practices?  Does he stay around for extra passing sessions?  Out of practice, what's he doing?

Would like to understand more about him.  I'm not doubting him if that's what you were concluding.