News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What Bruce Feldman Gleaned from Top QB Prospects at NFL Combine

Started by MightyGiants, March 05, 2024, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

FOX Sports/The Athletic's College Football Insider Bruce Feldman and Rich Eisen discuss how high Michael Penix Jr. could in the NFL Draft. 

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

He's impressed me throughout the year and he has a sweet throw. Another underrated QB who can play day one.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

The real issue is that he doesn't do well with any type of pressure.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 06, 2024, 07:52:21 AMThe real issue is that he doesn't do well with any type of pressure.
In the words of the immortal Joe Louis when a newspaper man said his opponent didn't like to get hit, he said...
"Who do."
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I think if Penix gets drafted by a team with a strong O-line he could light up the league.  As @Jclayton92 said, not that good at dealing with pressure.   If he gets drafted by a team with a poor line, I think he will struggle and ultimately crash and burn.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2024, 08:08:38 AMIn the words of the immortal Joe Louis when a newspaper man said his opponent didn't like to get hit, he said...
"Who do."
I agree, but his offensive line was the best in the country last year so we didn't see him in that situation until the championship game and you could tell.