News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

John Runyan G signed

Started by MightyGiants, March 11, 2024, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 11, 2024, 07:03:46 PMI get that, and I acknowledged that in my previous post. I understand it's not a static analysis. However I still think that $10mm, even in the reset market, should carry with it an expectation of "solid starter" level play. I hope that's what we're getting.

He's always been above average in pass pro. With Barkley leaving and the Giants potentially drafting a new quarterback one has to wonder if they're willing to overpay for better blocking in the passing game even if it's to the detriment of the running game. This is the penalty teams have to pay when they have a desperate need at a position with no depth league wide. Everyone looking for a starting guard is going to get their eyes ripped out.

londonblue

Runyan will be above average in pass pro and a bit below average in run blocking. He is better at LG so maybe we slot him there with whoever loses RT out of Neal, Eluemunor competing with Ezeudu, McKethan in camp to play RG. Bricillo did well with a mixed array of talent in Vegas so I am optimistic we will get at least league average OL play. My biggest worry is AT not staying fit.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.