News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiderblue43

Just confirmed. 3 years..36 mil

Trench

T200

Congrats Saquon. Gonna miss ya.

At least you'll have an opportunity to live up to your potential.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

EDjohnst1981

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

PSUBeirut

Glad for him.  HATE it has to be the Eagles.  Behind a real OL and with a threat at QB....watch out.  :(

And look at all that money.  I guess he was a lot more valuable than 99% of this board thought.  I'm not all that surprised. 

Ed Vette

Good for him. Way more than I ever expected.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

So pissed it ended up being the eagles.

So between last year and this contract, 37 million guaranteed. 

Brooklyn Dave

I cannot believe that the Giants would not pay him that . That is the highest amount that a running back got so far . Swift and Pollard got about $8 million . I don't know what Jacobs is getting from the Packers . How do the Eagles always seem to have money to spend . First Huff and now Barkley

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 02:51:41 PMSo pissed it ended up being the eagles

Me too. Who is going to replace him , both as a player , a captain , a leader etc.?

EDjohnst1981

A decent O line, a threatening QB. I think he's gonna fly with the Eagles (if he remains healthy).

Symphony Steve

The Iggles had a plan and executed it.  Huff and Barkley were their priorities.

Don't know about the Barkley signing, depends how much tread he has left on those tires--but he wanted to go to Philly since he's from the area.

Think the better signing for them is Huff.  They couldn't rush the QB worth a damn the last third of the year, and Fangio isn't much-known for blitzing a lot.

To me, the biggest question for them is--just how good a QB is Jalen Hurts really?

killarich

Ed Vette

This is a sign that the expectations for the next two seasons are low and it's better to invest elsewhere because a RB isn't going to make the difference with so many needs. He was the best player on the Offense and the Giants still couldn't compete. Great leader and teammate. He slowed a step but he's got plenty in the tank and will thrive and likely have his best years down the Pike.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin