News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Quote from: TONKA56 on March 13, 2024, 06:24:41 PMOK I'm confused. What does this have to do with what I said? I'm not arguing that we should have retained Barkley, nor am I insisting that you need to spend premium draft capital on a running back.

But you need to draft players. I don't share this opinion that you can just stick any bum back there regardless of your line play or quarterback. That's a position where you need a guy that can play beyond the xs and os some of the time. 
I was agreeing with your assessment and that they should get better at drafting guys late because elite teams don't typically pay for RB talent.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 13, 2024, 07:24:29 PMI was agreeing with your assessment and that they should get better at drafting guys late because elite teams don't typically pay for RB
Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 13, 2024, 07:24:29 PMI was agreeing with your assessment and that they should get better at drafting guys late because elite teams don't typically pay for RB talent.

10-4.  :ok:

4 Aces

Let the guy bumble around in Sirianni's clownshow, behind a declining Eagles OL. The Eagles looked broken by the end of the year and Barkley isn't going to fix it. He's been an unlucky guy here and he'll continue to be unlucky going to PHI at the wrong time.

That said, I agree Barkley had no chance here, much like Daniel Jones. I was OK picking a once in a lifetime RB at #2 PROVIDED you build your franchise around his talents. Run heavy scheme with the QB up under C and the OL down in 3 pt. stances. Downhill. Big slobberknocking TEs. Think Kevin Gilbride running game.

Instead, he's used as a bit player, taking shotgun inside hand-offs while they try to be a passing team. As usual, there was no vision, strategy or plan with the pick.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: 4 Aces on March 14, 2024, 12:53:37 AMLet the guy bumble around in Sirianni's clownshow, behind a declining Eagles OL. The Eagles looked broken by the end of the year and Barkley isn't going to fix it. He's been an unlucky guy here and he'll continue to be unlucky going to PHI at the wrong time.

That said, I agree Barkley had no chance here, much like Daniel Jones. I was OK picking a once in a lifetime RB at #2 PROVIDED you build your franchise around his talents. Run heavy scheme with the QB up under C and the OL down in 3 pt. stances. Downhill. Big slobberknocking TEs. Think Kevin Gilbride running game.

Instead, he's used as a bit player, taking shotgun inside hand-offs while they try to be a passing team. As usual, there was no vision, strategy or plan with the pick.
no one in recent memory has been given more chances and excuses than Daniel jones.

Saquon was a pro bowler and rookie of year. He has proven himself. Please do not compare them as equivalent when Saquon should have been chosen over jones a year ago and thrived with a drake maye type
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:27:54 PMno one in recent memory has been given more chances and excuses than Daniel jones.

Saquon was a pro bowler and rookie of year. He has proven himself. Please do not compare them as equivalent when Saquon should have been chosen over jones a year ago and thrived with a drake maye type

Jones is a bad, injury-prone QB who was somehow given way more money than he was ever worth for primarily emotional, highly speculative, but ultimately impossible to justify reasons.

Saquon is a highly talented RB who had a couple good years with the Giants but is not longer the player he once was, due to aging and injuries, and is now being overpaid by a rival.

I agree that they're definitely different.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 14, 2024, 09:48:43 PMJones is a bad, injury-prone QB who was somehow given way more money than he was ever worth for primarily emotional, highly speculative, but ultimately impossible to justify reasons.

Saquon is a highly talented RB who had a couple good years with the Giants but is not longer the player he once was, due to aging and injuries, and is now being overpaid by a rival.

I agree that they're definitely different.

I wouldn't say it's bc of aging (yes injuries) I'd say it's opportunity and fit for the team. His numbers will
Improve with Hurts and that offense. That I know.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:53:15 PMI wouldn't say it's bc of aging (yes injuries) I'd say it's opportunity and fit for the team. His numbers will
Improve with Hurts and that offense. That I know.

He will not be the player he was in 2018, because he isn't that player anymore. Injuries have taken their toll, and it's a young man's position.

He's still very good. No doubt about that. But he's not the same player he was in 2018. There is also no doubt about that.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 14, 2024, 10:27:28 PMHe will not be the player he was in 2018, because he isn't that player anymore. Injuries have taken their toll, and it's a young man's position.

He's still very good. No doubt about that. But he's not the same player he was in 2018. There is also no doubt about that.

True but never has he been in a better position.. would it surprise you to see him set career high's in TD's next season?

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Philosophers

Quote from: 4 Aces on March 14, 2024, 12:53:37 AMLet the guy bumble around in Sirianni's clownshow, behind a declining Eagles OL. The Eagles looked broken by the end of the year and Barkley isn't going to fix it. He's been an unlucky guy here and he'll continue to be unlucky going to PHI at the wrong time.

100%.  When you draft a skill position player at 2, you have to think about designing your identity around his skillset and have the people to do it.

With a great OL in the Snee, Diehl era, look how productive our running game was with backs with 50% of Saquon's talent.

The best comp for a style that would have suited Saquon was Michigan's offense.  Run Saquon a lot in a pin and pull blocking scheme and set up play action passes.

Instead as you noted, Saquon was used oddly. 

Philosophers

I wish him much success (except against the Giants).

Woody

Barkley is now an Eagle
Nuff said.   See ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob In PA

Aces: Barkley will still sell a lot of hot dogs and t-shirts. lol
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!