News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I'm not happy for him at all. He was a Captain. Was never gonna have to worry about $ regardless after this contract. In NY if he did well he also had more endorsements coming. Show some class and give Giants a chance to make a better offer at least.

He is in our stadium I will boo. No ovations for the RB touched by the hand of God or whatever he was supposed to be.

EDjohnst1981

uconnjack8

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:09:43 PMI'm not happy for him at all. He was a Captain. Was never gonna have to worry about $ regardless after this contract. In NY if he did well he also had more endorsements coming. Show some class and give Giants a chance to make a better offer at least.

He is in our stadium I will boo. No ovations for the RB touched by the hand of God or whatever he was supposed to be.

Who says he didn't give the Giants a chance?  They could have signed him before this even started.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:09:43 PMI'm not happy for him at all. He was a Captain. Was never gonna have to worry about $ regardless after this contract. In NY if he did well he also had more endorsements coming. Show some class and give Giants a chance to make a better offer at least.

I agree. I thought there was an understanding that he would give the Giants the ability to match

ozzie

I'm not getting worked up over this. Let someone else overpay him, I'm glad the Giants didn't. Schoen has much more work to do fixing this team than overpaying for a RB IMO.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

PSUBeirut

There is no way in hell he received a better or even comparable offer from Schoen than this deal.  If he had- he'd be a Giant, which was always his preferred option.  At first glance, this offer is even better than the money he was asking for from the Giants ALREADY (reportedly)- which they never agreed on and led to the tag. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: ozzie on March 11, 2024, 03:16:14 PMI'm not getting worked up over this. Let someone else overpay him, I'm glad the Giants didn't. Schoen has much more work to do fixing this team than overpaying for a RB IMO.

To be clear, I understand the Giants not wanting to spend that money on him.  I love the player and just wished he had gone to the AFC so I didn't have to hate him.

MightyGiants

I wonder how Barkley's and the Giant's fortunes would have changed if Barkley hadn't picked his first agent for her looks and Barkley had signed the similar three-year deal with the Giants and freed up the franchise tag to use as more leverage over Jones...
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Interesting and more damning for Schoen (who should have traded him last season if this was his intention)

https://x.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1767269370034585924?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Good riddance. His talk was just that - talk. No loyalty. This is another reason why we don't need 10 Captains.
The title is watered down.

I predict whoever our RB will be is going to be close to what Saquon does for Philly. Hope he keeps running into the backs of his new Olinemen.

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 03:19:46 PM

Yep a scumbag

You fake a** New Yorker..... Hope the Eagles continue to collapse like we saw at the end of the season even with the addition of you and Huff. Hope you age quickly now and fall into the RB short shelf life narrative and in the process tie money up on the Eagles cap space

DEAD to me

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 03:21:34 PMInteresting and more damning for Schoen (who should have traded him last season if this was his intention)

https://x.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1767269370034585924?s=20
He underestimated the FA Market.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 03:24:23 PMYep a scumbag

You fake a** New Yorker..... Hope the Eagles continue to collapse like we saw at the end of the season even with the addition of you and Huff. Hope you age quickly now and fall into the RB short shelf life narrative and in the process tie money up on the Eagles cap space

DEAD to me

I can't blame you for feeling this way.  Even though Barkley kept his nose clean, for some reason I found him a hard Giants star to like.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Well, now it is truly Daniel Jones team.

Will be interesting to hear if Barkley has any negatives to say about Dabol as well.