News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley to the Iggles

Started by spiderblue43, March 11, 2024, 02:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Some people are genuinely good people. I won't root for him against us, obviously. But I want to see him do well. He served his sentence in NY. Go forth and prosper.  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on March 11, 2024, 03:32:44 PMSome people are genuinely good people. I won't root for him against us, obviously. But I want to see him do well. He served his sentence in NY. Go forth and prosper.  :ok:
+1
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

PSUBeirut

Quote from: killarich on March 11, 2024, 03:24:23 PMYep a scumbag

You fake a** New Yorker..... Hope the Eagles continue to collapse like we saw at the end of the season even with the addition of you and Huff. Hope you age quickly now and fall into the RB short shelf life narrative and in the process tie money up on the Eagles cap space

DEAD to me

I'm sorry, but this is actually hilarious.  Someone dug up a tweet from 2014....when he was still in high school (and apparently Mark Sanchez was still a thing lol)....and is using that to call him some sort of traitor because he got an offer way higher than the Giants ever would?  What a scumbag.   =))  =))  =))  =))  =))

killarich

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 03:25:55 PMI can't blame you for feeling this way.  Even though Barkley kept his nose clean, for some reason I found him a hard Giants star to like.

Same way I felt about Tiki , I kind of felt about Barkley (to a lesser extent). I remember Tiki being such a stand up dude. I remember him helping up the other teams players off the ground after running them over ALL THE TIME , and I remember thinking this has to be the nicest dude ever

Kind of feel the same way about Barkley.

I felt betrayed by Tiki and hated him after he just started randomly started running his mouth . At the point I was like wow this guy true colors are showing and he's a certified douche

Barkley accelerated my hate , as I hate the Eagles more than anyone including the Cowboys . For the sake of his Giants legacy I hope he does not begin to talk sh**. Yea they may not have given you the bag you wanted. (offer was close to it supposedly) But you made out like a bandit .. franchise tag for 1 year and still got the overpaid RB contract.

Barkley don't forget where you came from.... Giants made you the #2 overall draft pick in a draft ..when runningbacks that quite simply can produce decently or even at times better than you in mid rounds . So before you go out there and talk out your You azz ... remember that.... you blew that money on bitcoin not the giants

WIth that being said... you are an Eagle now... so **** you and I hope you suck and you tie up the Eagles in cap hell.... JERK

ozzie

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 03:18:33 PMTo be clear, I understand the Giants not wanting to spend that money on him.  I love the player and just wished he had gone to the AFC so I didn't have to hate him.
I hope you didn't read this as a direct reply to you Uconn. I was just making a general statement on my feelings of the whole situation.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

files58

I hope he earns every penny, and if history holds true may most of it be on the sidelines. He's a HATED iggle now. Good riddance. Most if not all of the Giants' current woes are on Mara. Hiring Gettleman, and opening his mouth about how they screwed up Jones, which led to the compromised two year contract. Which I believe is how it happened. Almost the entire offense now has to be constructed. I'm not using the term reconstructed because there has not been a construct. John the the F out of the way, and just stand by the cash register. So the Falcons don't need a QB, but Minn. is desperate for one. QB's are going 1-2-3 in the draft. Now I believe that's how we have to go too. Hopefully JJ will be there at 6. I'd love to get him, unless history repeats and Minn. is willing to give us a BOATLOAD of draft capital to move up. I think the Cards will take Harrison, and Harbaugh a lineman(Alt).

killarich

Quote from: PSUBeirut on March 11, 2024, 03:38:47 PMI'm sorry, but this is actually hilarious.  Someone dug up a tweet from 2014....when he was still in high school (and apparently Mark Sanchez was still a thing lol)....and is using that to call him some sort of traitor because he got an offer way higher than the Giants ever would?  What a scumbag.   =))  =))  =))  =))  =))

I didn't post that tweet

That being said... I have every right to be mad about this

Just like I was pissed/saddened when Nets traded Jason Kidd.... I can be pissed about this

Ill get over it... but for now ... he can **** himself

Trench

For the record:

Tiki was better than Saquon

uconnjack8

Quote from: ozzie on March 11, 2024, 03:41:29 PMI hope you didn't read this as a direct reply to you Uconn. I was just making a general statement on my feelings of the whole situation.

I didnt, was just further explaining my view. I think there are some others with similar views

uconnjack8

Quote from: Trench on March 11, 2024, 03:43:05 PMFor the record:

Tiki was better than Saquon

At the end of his career he was, not the at the beginning. 

Trench

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 03:45:12 PMAt the end of his career he was, not the at the beginning. 

Should have said:

Tiki will be remembered as a better Giant

killarich

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 03:45:12 PMAt the end of his career he was, not the at the beginning. 

Didnt he have two 2,000 yard rushing seasons ?

Barkley could have been better but he wasn't

Ed Vette

As Rich mentioned although not in this context, just think if Schoen had paid the man three million more in Guaranteed money, he would still be here the next two seasons and Jones would have been tagged. I can't blame the man for taking care of his future and his family and his legacy.

Would Schoen be offering Jones another contract, tagging him again or moving on?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

As good as Saquon may have on been on the Giants, he really never made them a winning team. That's the harsh reality when it came to whether it made sense to match the Eagles $38-$47 million/$26 million guaranteed.

It can be a Championship-gaining move for the Eagles as long as Saquon stays healthy. But far from so for the Giants who don't have their QB of the future, anything like an adequate Oline, or a top-notch X-receiver. Like it not, this is still very much a rebuild which might have just as good a chance for a pleasant surprise as the recent decade's more usual shitty ones.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE