News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Recap as of 7 pm

Started by MightyGiants, March 11, 2024, 07:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Charlotte Carroll
@charlottecrrll
Now that I've caught my breath. A recap for Giants fans of today's big FA moves:

-RB Saquon Barkley to Philly
-S Xaiver McKinney to Green Bay

New #Giants
-RB Devin Singletary
-G Jon Runyan
-G Jermaine Eluemunor
-Edge Brian Burns via trade

https://x.com/charlottecrrll/status/1767324682254975371?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

One major upgrade at the edge, two upgrades along the offensive line and a clear downgrades at running back and safety.

Doc16LT56

So are they a better team on paper today than they were at the end of the season? It really comes down to whether the two OL work out, but I do think the roster is better today than yesterday. I'd rather have the edge rusher and extra help on the OL than to spend big on a safety and running back.

MightyGiants

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton
#NYGiants today ... so far
Acquired/Signed
Brian Burns, OLB

Lost
Saquon Barkley, RB
Xavier McKinney, S
2024 2nd round pick (39)
2025 5th round pick

Signed
Jon Runyan Jr., G
Jermaine Eluemunor, OL
Devin Singletary, RB

Re-signed
Gunner Olszewski, WR/PR
Carter Coughlin, LB/ST
7:24 PM · Mar 11, 2024
·
 Views
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Where are we cap wise I see a AT and Dex restructure incoming.

With Darius Williams I see this a productive start

Bob In PA

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 11, 2024, 07:22:32 PMSo are they a better team on paper today than they were at the end of the season? It really comes down to whether the two OL work out, but I do think the roster is better today than yesterday. I'd rather have the edge rusher and extra help on the OL than to spend big on a safety and running back.

Doc: IMO too soon, but to answer your question... no. 

If the assumption is each player lost and each one gained will play exactly as well next year as last year... no.

It's about even so far, IMO, if we start counting from the state of the roster a week ago vs. the current roster.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Philosophers

It's all about those Guards IMHO.  If they fail like our previous Guards, disaster.

Burns success depends on the scheme.  He was less successful as a 3-4 OLB than as a 4-3 DE.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on March 12, 2024, 09:25:31 AMIt's all about those Guards IMHO.  If they fail like our previous Guards, disaster.

Burns success depends on the scheme.  He was less successful as a 3-4 OLB than as a 4-3 DE.
What do you see as the difference in an Edge Rusher in a 3-4 and a Pass Rusher DE in a 4/3? I ask because it's the second time you made this comment. So comparing Jenkins, Strahan, Kiwi, Osi to Ojulari, Thibs and Burns, don't they all have the same responsibilities as a Pass Rusher, containing the edge and Zone dropbacks? A hand in the dirt?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Pretty accurate lol

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bob In PA

Quote from: Philosophers on March 12, 2024, 09:25:31 AMIt's all about those Guards IMHO.  If they fail like our previous Guards, disaster.

Phil: I think being "surrounded" by two veteran NFL guards will do wonders for our young center. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!