News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Rebuild Finally Begins

Started by Ed Vette, March 11, 2024, 04:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 05:06:36 PMEd,

I just cannot see Daboll surviving a true rebuild year that it looks like they are headed toward.  And don't get me wrong,  I think a true rebuild is needed.

Just seems like he maybe a sacrifice for Schoen at this point. 

The one thing I dont want to see is a QB drafted this year and regime change next year.  And I will be happy if they get Maye or Daniel's somehow.
If they draft a QB, you don't think Daboll has at least until after 2025? If they don't draft a QB, then I can see Daboll out after this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

expatriot

The Giants have to do the painful work.  The playoffs in '22 were a mirage.  Soft loser schedule and a TON of good luck.  Last year harder schedule and no luck and look what happened.  They need to get better at 9 spots on offense and 7 spots on defense. They are not one or two star players away from Super Bowl contention.  So build through the draft, stop gap with more "reasonable" FA's to bide time, and keep on building.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 05:09:17 PMIf they draft a QB, you don't think Daboll has at least until after 2025? If they don't draft a QB, then I can see Daboll out after this year.

If the offense doesnt improve I don't see how Daboll survives.  Even if they are playing a rookie QB.

The team seemed to be behind him last year as there wasnt an effort dropoff when they were out of it. If the offense continues to be one of the worst in the league, I doubt that is the case again.

Regardless its March and a lot can happen before September.   Right now I feel like this year is going to be a 2 or 3 win season but maybe Runyan takes a step forward and Neal becomes a competent RT and they have a decent offense. 

Sorry, but today has made me about as pessimistic as I get in the offseason.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 05:20:26 PMIf the offense doesnt improve I don't see how Daboll survives.  Even if they are playing a rookie QB.

The team seemed to be behind him last year as there wasnt an effort dropoff when they were out of it. If the offense continues to be one of the worst in the league, I doubt that is the case again.

Regardless its March and a lot can happen before September.   Right now I feel like this year is going to be a 2 or 3 win season but maybe Runyan takes a step forward and Neal becomes a competent RT and they have a decent offense. 

maybe pigs will fly too

Unless the giants draft a non JJ McCarthy qb, they will be taking a step back offensively
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 04:23:38 PMDoes anyone think otherwise? Build through the Draft. They may actually sign a decent backup QB and skip drafting one. 

I think after the Burns trade, Schoen thinks otherwise
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 07:00:39 PMI think after the Burns trade, Schoen thinks otherwise
in essence is was a draft build. They gave up a second and a fifth for an established player. Build the trenches, as I said.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 11, 2024, 07:18:42 PMin essence is was a draft build. They gave up a second and a fifth for an established player. Build the trenches, as I said.

When you are rebuilding, you do so through the draft.  You trade away highly-paid veterans for more picks, not the other way around.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Wait Burns is only 26 and has plenty of tread on his tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Doc16LT56

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 11, 2024, 05:20:26 PMIf the offense doesnt improve I don't see how Daboll survives.  Even if they are playing a rookie QB.

If the OL additions don't work out, we're screwed.

sxdxca38

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 11, 2024, 07:20:37 PMWhen you are rebuilding, you do so through the draft.  You trade away highly-paid veterans for more picks, not the other way around.

Mighty,

I agree with you

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 11, 2024, 07:37:11 PMIf the OL additions don't work out, we're screwed.

If Brian Burns plays like Leonard Williams we are also screwed.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

katkavage

Not a rebuild unless they bring in a rookie QB. If they traded McKinney and Barkley in mid season last year I'd say that is starting a rebuild.

Trench

Also they will need Waller to return or else they need a TE. Not sure if one will cut it

Brooklyn Dave

Unless I am mistaken, had we signed Barkley for $13 million and McKinney for $17 million that would be $30 million of cap space we used . What would be left to fill other holes . I do not know how Burn's contract now affects what we have left .

EliWasrobbed

this team would be STACKED had we just signed Saquon to a 3 year and tagged Jones, we would be able to draft a Caleb Williams in that situation and be a contender next year.

FUCKIN JONES!

Drake Maye enthusiast.