News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Inquire about Moving Up Into The Top 3 For a QB, According to Alber Breer

Started by Ed Vette, March 13, 2024, 01:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on March 13, 2024, 01:23:31 PMDue diligence.

This

Although, considering they just traded away their extra draft capital, one has to wonder if the idea of trading up is still in play.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 13, 2024, 01:25:10 PMThis

Although, considering they just traded away their extra draft capital, one has to wonder if the idea of trading up is still in play.

There is always future #1s. 

Seems like it would take a lot to get any 1 of the top 3 to move out given the need at QB for those teams. 

Jclayton92

If the cost is 3 2nd round picks I Pay it tomorrow. No one is going to take this team seriously until a new Qb is in place.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 13, 2024, 01:39:17 PMIf the cost is 3 2nd round picks I Pay it tomorrow. No one is going to take this team seriously until a new Qb is in place.

Where are 3 2nd round picks coming from?  The Giants only have one for this draft.  Are you talking about future #2s?

Would be surprised if they can move up with 2nd rounders in 2024, 2025 and 2026, especially given that future picks are generally graded as the bottom of the round for these deals. 

T200

Definitely makes it more challenging.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jclayton92

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 13, 2024, 01:41:16 PMWhere are 3 2nd round picks coming from?  The Giants only have one for this draft.  Are you talking about future #2s?

Would be surprised if they can move up with 2nd rounders in 2024, 2025 and 2026, especially given that future picks are generally graded as the bottom of the round for these deals. 
A couple weeks ago the word was that the going rate to move up from 6 to 3 was 3 2nd rd picks which in my opinion is a steal if you get your guy.

Ed Vette

I don't see how they do it without giving up this year's 2 and next year's 1st at the very least. Realistically, the only one that might work is with the Chargers.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: President Rick on March 13, 2024, 01:24:09 PMor to get marvin harrison??????????

I would be pissed....giving up all that draft capital?? Just take Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze at #6
The KING is in the building

files58

It's all part of the pre-draft poker game at a table of 32. Due diligence as well. Also there are GM's gathering intel on what it would take for the Giants to move back from six. In all likelihood 3 QB's and Harrison will be off the board before Harbaugh goes at 5. Does he go OL?

spiderblue43

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 13, 2024, 01:55:59 PMI would be pissed....giving up all that draft capital?? Just take Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze at #6

Correctamundo. Can't stand a likely pro bowl wr? Don't get it. Stand pat..get your #1 wr, add a CB, then a DT. That would be ideal for me..

Philosophers

Doc16LT56

Music to my ears. Hey, you can't force any of these teams to make a reasonable trade, but at least that they're working the phones and not taking anything for granted is encouraging.