News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

OBJ

Started by FL GMAN, March 14, 2024, 04:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL GMAN

He was released by the Ravens this afternoon.

Jolly Blue Giant

He's probably worthless since hooking up with Kim Kardashian...probably having a hard time focusing on football right now  :laugh:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

last year maybe, but now, we already have a crew of average WRs why add another?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AYM

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 14, 2024, 04:43:38 PMHe's probably worthless since hooking up with Kim Kardashian...probably having a hard time focusing on football right now  :laugh:

I had to google that. Yeah, he's done. Ravens making the right call there.

Giant Obsession

Dead.

May his name be buried forever (especially here)
and
his name be stricken from the history roles regarding his association with the NY Giants.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: LennG on March 14, 2024, 05:01:44 PMlast year maybe, but now, we already have a crew of average WRs why add another?
he can mentor them, I wouldn't mind it esp if we draft a qb
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

Like him or not, probably the most talented wide receiver ever to don a Giants uni.

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 14, 2024, 09:23:47 PMLike him or not, probably the most talented wide receiver ever to don a Giants uni.

Without question. I still love pulling up his highlight reel and watching him blow up secondaries. I've never seen anyone do that before, or since.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 14, 2024, 09:23:47 PMLike him or not, probably the most talented wide receiver ever to don a Giants uni.

Talented, yes. In terms of a quality man and player, not so much.  Being an injury-prone prima donna tended to negate the talent he was born with in terms of overall value to a team.  It's true he seems to have grown up some, but age and injury seem to have robbed him of what made him special.  In the Raven's playoff game, where OBJ had to step up for Flowers suffered a meltdown, he didn't look like the same WR he was in his first few seasons as a Giant.    He looks like a solid veteran, but not the type of receiver who can be a number one WR or the one to drive the offense.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

zephirus

I imagine this will ring hollow with upcoming collegiate talent and draftees, and I'm sure the NFLPA would never allow it, but OBJ and others like him should be part of a "Cautionary Tales" segment.  They harp on real life examples related to finance, but don't bring in players who made a fortune as a player and squandered it like Terrell Owens or so many others.  They should absolutely highlight players who were on transcendent career arcs that got cut short, and let the players come to their conclusions as to why.  Some of that is OBJ's injury history, over which you could argue he had little control.  But if you want to get down to dollars, he destroyed his own career through team-hopping too often as a result of immature behavior and a desire to hold himself above the team.  I truly wish him the best, but nothing I see out of him indicates to me he's ever learned to be circumspect.

Trench

OBJ would probably thrive with a guy like Mahomes. He should look there.