News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Drew Lock told he will compete for starting job like Baker Mayfield

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 14, 2024, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

https://x.com/dduggan21/status/1768423945760276846?s=46&t=189NN-KdTdgB2SgHszC6_A

Looking more and more likely we will end up cutting Jokes so his contract cap is split for 2 years. Good riddance!!

A qb comp between Drake Maye and Lock is a dream come true.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

Why would he come here to compete for one season if they draft a QB? To prove to the league he can be a starter. Or to get the experience.

This is interesting.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

brownelvis54

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:19:45 PMhttps://x.com/dduggan21/status/1768423945760276846?s=46&t=189NN-KdTdgB2SgHszC6_A

Looking more and more likely we will end up cutting Jokes so his contract cap is split for 2 years. Good riddance!!

EVERY QB listed as #2 on any roster wants to push the starting QB and take his job. How on earth is this an indicator that Daniel Jones will be cut? If we do draft a QB, then he should sit and learn. Thats the best way to do it. Jones and Luck will have fair competition and the best man should start. I have no idea where you are getting your information from. If you know something I dont, please share.
The KING is in the building

Gmo11

They will not be cutting Jones this season under any circumstances.  They will absolutely be cutting him next year under every circumstance. 

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 14, 2024, 09:26:36 PMWhy would he come here to compete for one season if they draft a QB? To prove to the league he can be a starter. Or to get the experience.

This is interesting.
there is also the very real scary chance we don't draft any Qb and he in essence has 2 years as a starter/stop gap.

Even without the Jones injury he would flat out beat him in a training camp,
But with the injury concern it's a virtual certainty

Locke made the right choice

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Gmo11 on March 14, 2024, 09:30:38 PMThey will not be cutting Jones this season under any circumstances.  They will absolutely be cutting him next year under every circumstance. 
I was reading something about June 1 deadline where his cap hit would go across 2 seasons instead of 1 in the chance we cut him now. I like that idea a lot... why even chance playing him?

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Gmo11

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:32:34 PMI was reading something about June 1 deadline where his cap hit would go across 2 seasons instead of 1 in the chance we cut him now. I like that idea a lot... why even chance playing him?

It's something like a 70 million dollar cap hit if they cut him this season.  Even split it is insane to cut him this season.  It would be cheaper to keep him and not play him.  Next season it's closer to 30 and they will do it then.

Jclayton92

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 14, 2024, 09:19:45 PMhttps://x.com/dduggan21/status/1768423945760276846?s=46&t=189NN-KdTdgB2SgHszC6_A

Again, as I told you only a couple of days ago, there's no way on planet earth they are cutting Daniel Jones. I think Jones is a bad Qb with poor processing but he will be on this team this year.

If we cut him this season then we trigger 70 million in dead cap and -22 million immediately to the cap. I just told you that 3 days ago and yet you intentionally ignore it in an attempt to upset people.

I think Jones is horrible but this is actually a fascinating conversation that everyone could be talking about because reports that are coming out that the Giants want to let him ride the bench ala Wilson because it messes us up if he can't pass a physical when the new league year starts in 2025.

We however cannot have that or any conversation about Drew lock because you creating a thread trying to trigger people only makes it impossible to follow up with an actual conversation or discussion.

You can dislike schoen, Jones, or whoever and not feel the need to spam it in every thread which you have done constantly the past week.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 14, 2024, 09:29:14 PMEVERY QB listed as #2 on any roster wants to push the starting QB and take his job. How on earth is this an indicator that Daniel Jones will be cut? If we do draft a QB, then he should sit and learn. Thats the best way to do it. Jones and Luck will have fair competition and the best man should start. I have no idea where you are getting your information from. If you know something I dont, please share.
the more likely scenario is it's a competition between our drafted qb and Drew. Jones has the injury clause in his contract making it virtually impossible and irresponsible for the giants to play him. These moves and words Joe is pitching spell it out even clearer

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 14, 2024, 09:29:14 PMEVERY QB listed as #2 on any roster wants to push the starting QB and take his job. How on earth is this an indicator that Daniel Jones will be cut? If we do draft a QB, then he should sit and learn. Thats the best way to do it. Jones and Luck will have fair competition and the best man should start. I have no idea where you are getting your information from. If you know something I dont, please share.
Jones was supposed to be the starter. To create a QB competition, changes the affirmation that Schoen preached. Although it makes me wonder about Jones timetable to return. We really don't know their intentions of drafting a QB but almost everyone believes this is Jones last year. What do you think his chances are to stay another year?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Gmo11 on March 14, 2024, 09:34:36 PMIt's something like a 70 million dollar cap hit if they cut him this season.  Even split it is insane to cut him this season.  It would be cheaper to keep him and not play him.  Next season it's closer to 30 and they will do it then.
while that is an insane number, having jones just stick around can be toxic for the team and locker room given the NY media. I'd prefer we cut him.

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 14, 2024, 09:34:46 PMAgain, as I told you only a couple of days ago, there's no way on planet earth they are cutting Daniel Jones. I think Jones is a bad Qb with poor processing but he will be on this team this year.

If we cut him this season then we trigger 70 million in dead cap and -22 million immediately to the cap. I just told you that 3 days ago and yet you intentionally ignore it in an attempt to upset people.

I think Jones is horrible but this is actually a fascinating conversation that everyone could be talking about because reports that are coming out that the Giants want to let him ride the bench ala Wilson because it messes us up if he can't pass a physical when the new league year starts in 2025.

We however cannot have that or any conversation about Drew lock because you creating a thread trying to trigger people only makes it impossible to follow up with an actual conversation or discussion.

You can dislike schoen, Jones, or whoever and not feel the need to spam it in every thread which you have done constantly the past week.

ok this is where you start to piss me off. You are the only one who CONSTANTLY brings personal attacks my way out of the 20+ posters I've interacted with. Enough of it I'm sick of it.

You are not a mind reader nor the head of this board and yet you act like you are. Just bc you dislike my way of communicating does not give you the right or privilege to decide how one can talk. You are a bad example of what a giants fan should be attacking anything in your sight

Admin and mods where is the block button? All this poster does is constantly attack ME personally while the rest of us are trying to have a discussion

This is now the 2nd time I have told this specific poster and ONLY this poster to stop harassing me and yet they continue to do so.

I just want to discuss the giants!!! Enough of this xxxxxxxx

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 14, 2024, 09:34:46 PMAgain, as I told you only a couple of days ago, there's no way on planet earth they are cutting Daniel Jones. I think Jones is a bad Qb with poor processing but he will be on this team this year.

Why don't you just ignore him? As long as he's here, he's entitled to his opinion.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 14, 2024, 09:47:32 PMWhy don't you just ignore him? As long as he's here, he's entitled to his opinion.

If someone is throwing personal attacks my way I'd like to respond to them in kind however then I get labeled as someone who is "throwing insults"

Bullies and harassing people should not just be ignored . There is no block button?

You can have a different opinion than me about the giants, but constantly harassing ME as a person and poster is disrespectful and despicable

Drake Maye enthusiast.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 14, 2024, 09:35:23 PMJones was supposed to be the starter. To create a QB competition, changes the affirmation that Schoen preached. Although it makes me wonder about Jones timetable to return. We really don't know their intentions of drafting a QB but almost everyone believes this is Jones last year. What do you think his chances are to stay another year?

Ed...true, but in training camp, if the Giants see a better player (regardless of position) and Lock plays lights out, I could see a new starter. The NFL has many stories of this happening. Matt Flynn was to be the starter and a 3rd round pick Russel Wilson became the starter. Drew Bledsoe was "the man" and got hurt and some dude named tom Brady stepped in, at this point, anything is possible. But back to the OP...how is Jones guaranteed to be cut? It makes no financial sense.
The KING is in the building