News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Free Agent Ben Bredeson SIGNS with Bucs

Started by MightyGiants, March 15, 2024, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Philosophers

We need to find 5 good starters who play together for a few years and build continuity.

The constant turnstile is maddening.

Doc16LT56

Quote from: Philosophers on March 15, 2024, 07:20:37 PMWe need to find 5 good starters who play together for a few years and build continuity.

The constant turnstile is maddening.
Step 1: find good starters
Step 2: build continuity

They're still on step 1 unfortunately

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on March 15, 2024, 07:24:03 PMStep 1: find good starters
Step 2: build continuity

They're still on step 1 unfortunately

Agreed. There is no value in continuity when you have mostly bad players.

Rosehill Jimmy

Signing of Schlottman fills the role of backup center that Brederson served. Stinnie is a new addition to guard room though I'd like to see a few more bodies
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

LennG

Watch him become a star now that he has left the Giants. Like several other guys who couldn't wait to get out of here, he will have a good career somewhere else. Don't we wish we had several of those guys back in blue?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on March 15, 2024, 07:41:20 PMWatch him become a star now that he has left the Giants. Like several other guys who couldn't wait to get out of here, he will have a good career somewhere else. Don't we wish we had several of those guys back in blue?

Bredeson was on the Ravens before he played for us. Call me crazy, but they seem to be a pretty smart team with a top notch front office. If Bredeson were some big time talent, my guess is they wouldn't have let him get away in the first place.

I don't think Bredeson stinks. I think he's a so-so, mediocre player. The Giants (I hope at least) are trying to get upgrades to mediocre players.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 15, 2024, 08:03:34 PMBredeson was on the Ravens before he played for us. Call me crazy, but they seem to be a pretty smart team with a top notch front office. If Bredeson were some big time talent, my guess is they wouldn't have let him get away in the first place.

I don't think Bredeson stinks. I think he's a so-so, mediocre player. The Giants (I hope at least) are trying to get upgrades to mediocre players.
He was the second best player on that Line. Can't resign everyone. I'd rather they try to keep Phillips as a roster spot but Ezeudu better prove his worth because youth carried him this time.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

GloryDays

so who is our backup Center?! Are they negligent again?

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 15, 2024, 07:33:09 PMAgreed. There is no value in continuity when you have mostly bad players.
I'm optimistic that our new offensive line coach can help us get these guys a new label.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: GloryDays on March 15, 2024, 08:32:43 PMso who is our backup Center?! Are they negligent again?

See my post above. Schlottman was a center for Vikes and I think he started his career with Denver. Sounds like a "guy". Need more than 1 center during camp(s). BTW anyone know the contractual status of the center from Steelers last year?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"