News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Minnesota acquired 23rd pick

Started by JT39, March 15, 2024, 09:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

From the Texans. So now they have the 11th, 23rd, and next years first to jump us to get a QB.

That's a lot of ammunition.

uconnjack8

Really do not understand this trade from the Texans view.  I see so little value in moving from the 6th or 7th to the 5th to move out of the 1st round and back 20 picks. 

What am I missing?

JT39

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 15, 2024, 10:01:42 AMReally do not understand this trade from the Texans view.  I see so little value in moving from the 6th or 7th to the 5th to move out of the 1st round and back 20 picks. 

What am I missing?

They get Minnesotas second next year too

Jolly Blue Giant

"Delayed gratification" for the Texans. Better positioning for the Vikings to get a QB

Houston obviously didn't think highly of this draft in terms as to where they were sitting in the draft order for the first round. The second half of the first round is already getting into second tier players, so they still have two picks of the second tier players, and swapping their 7th to move into the 5th is a minor move. But next year, Houston will be sitting pretty in the draft...Minnesota, not so much

Minnesota on the other hand is probably collecting assets to bundle picks to move up further to get a QB after letting Cousins walk
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

uconnjack8

Quote from: JT39 on March 15, 2024, 10:02:15 AMThey get Minnesotas second next year too

Thanks, somehow missed that when I looked at the trade

Jolly Blue Giant

Soooo...if one of the top QBs are still on the board when Giants are on the clock, would the Giants trade their 6th spot for both of Minnie's 1st rounders if approached?? Boy, I would in a heart beat
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

londonblue

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 15, 2024, 11:29:13 AMSoooo...if one of the top QBs are still on the board when Giants are on the clock, would the Giants trade their 6th spot for both of Minnie's 1st rounders if approached?? Boy, I would in a heart beat

If it is McCarthy left, definitely.

If it is Daniels left, probably.

If it is Maye left, probably not.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

uconnjack8

I think there is little doubt the Vikings want to move up and I would guess they spoke to whoever they want to trade with already and know what it will take.

JT39

Jones starting this year will be the worst decision this team has made since hiring Gettleman.

Gmo11

Quote from: JT39 on March 15, 2024, 11:56:20 AMJones starting this year will be the worst decision this team has made since hiring Gettleman.

Not if they draft a QB at #6.  Run Jones out there and lose a lot.  Let the kid sit and learn.  Kid starts next season fresh with a year's worth of NFL playbook/practice under his belt and the Giants get ready to actually compete with another high draft pick.  They can't cut Jones so they might as well throw him out there. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 15, 2024, 11:29:13 AMSoooo...if one of the top QBs are still on the board when Giants are on the clock, would the Giants trade their 6th spot for both of Minnie's 1st rounders if approached?? Boy, I would in a heart beat

If the Giants believe in Nix or Penix, that would be a great trade opportunity for them.  They could get their QB and still pick up a very good WR to throw to.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

I can't see the top three trading out. They all need QB's, the Bears are not sticking with Fields. Arizona then has Harrison fall in their lap. McMahon is the wild card. We would only need to move 1 spot, and McMahon would still have his pick of OL.

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 15, 2024, 12:02:47 PMIf the Giants believe in Nix or Penix, that would be a great trade opportunity for them.  They could get their QB and still pick up a very good WR to throw to.
Penix is certainly under the radar right now but scouts are very high on him. His accuracy is out of this world. He is probably the most pro-ready of all the QBs, but also the least mobile so protection is an option. If the Giants don't trade up for one of the top four, they might be able to trade down a few spots, grab Penix and get an extra second round pick and more.

spiderblue43

What I suspected..Vikings all in for a qb..probably JJ. Giants can't compete with the Norse ammo and shouldn't trade  up. Jim Boy wants to stockpile young, cheap talent.