News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Minnesota acquired 23rd pick

Started by JT39, March 15, 2024, 09:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Quote from: Gmo11 on March 15, 2024, 12:00:26 PMNot if they draft a QB at #6.  Run Jones out there and lose a lot.  Let the kid sit and learn.  Kid starts next season fresh with a year's worth of NFL playbook/practice under his belt and the Giants get ready to actually compete with another high draft pick.  They can't cut Jones so they might as well throw him out there. 

That's what Lock is for. If jones plays and gets hurt again - we are stuck with him and have to pay him an injury settlement to release him.

Keep him on the bench and get rid of him after the year.

MightyGiants

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 15, 2024, 12:13:38 PMWhat I suspected..Vikings all in for a qb..probably JJ. Giants can't compete with the Norse ammo and shouldn't trade  up. Jim Boy wants to stockpile young, cheap talent.

The Giants are at 6.  That's a big advantage, teams trading down only need to drop to 6 rather than all the way to 11.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: londonblue on March 15, 2024, 11:51:07 AMIf it is McCarthy left, definitely.

If it is Daniels left, probably.

If it is Maye left, probably not.

Interesting thought. Everything I've read about Maye (seems to me anyway), is that he is declining in ranking order. Some have said he is DJ 2.0, just a little shorter and a little slower. IMO, that is actually a compliment to be compared to DJ, but that's just me). His biggest knock is that he struggles when the formation changes pre-snap, and he has to make decisions on the fly. He excels when the picture before him doesn't change and the play unfolds as anticipated

The other knock on him is, "he has a tendency to make bad plays worse, and will run into bad sacks or throw head-scratching interceptions trying to save a play"

Fair analysis or not...that is the challenge for all teams when deciding on drafting a QB. Get it wrong, and it can set your team back years, as they get deeper into QB-hell and dwindling cap space

I trust Schoen - perhaps more than I should - and am somewhat in awe of how he is handling the mess he inherited. I don't think he's a "big risk" guy, where sometimes you look like a genius and sometimes a clown. I believe he gathers as much data and information as is humanly possible, and then takes the safest route towards his long term strategy
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 15, 2024, 12:18:20 PMThe Giants are at 6.  That's a big advantage, teams trading down only need to drop to 6 rather than all the way to 11.

But Mighty,

Harbaugh wants players, not one guy. It's a better value to add their deal. I assume they'll get #23 too

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 15, 2024, 12:18:20 PMThe Giants are at 6.  That's a big advantage, teams trading down only need to drop to 6 rather than all the way to 11.
If the Pats or Cards want either Nabers or Oduzne then they have to go with the Giants.

nb587

Quote from: katkavage on March 15, 2024, 12:13:34 PMPenix is certainly under the radar right now but scouts are very high on him. His accuracy is out of this world. He is probably the most pro-ready of all the QBs, but also the least mobile so protection is an option. If the Giants don't trade up for one of the top four, they might be able to trade down a few spots, grab Penix and get an extra second round pick and more.
I dont think its Penix if only because of his injury history.  After last years injury debacle, Schoen so far has signed only healthy players.  The dependable factor is key this year

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on March 15, 2024, 01:12:56 PMI dont think its Penix if only because of his injury history.  After last years injury debacle, Schoen so far has signed only healthy players.  The dependable factor is key this year

You certainly can't count on Ronnie Barnes and his team to keep any players healthy, especially the injury prone ones.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

miss86

Quote from: nb587 on March 15, 2024, 01:12:56 PMI dont think its Penix if only because of his injury history.  After last years injury debacle, Schoen so far has signed only healthy players.  The dependable factor is key this year

Plus I believe Penix is a lefty. So the RT protects the blind side.  :o

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on March 15, 2024, 12:20:19 PMBut Mighty,

Harbaugh wants players, not one guy. It's a better value to add their deal. I assume they'll get #23 too

I think Harbaugh believes the Chargers are close to being good having some foundational players.  He wants a running game so build the OL and replace Ekeler's production.  Also get another WR.  I think he can do all that with his existing draft picks.

DaveBrown74

I'm looking at this as a sign that there may be hope that one of these top three teams might have potential willingness to move down. If so, Schoen better be working the phones.

andrew_nyGiants

Their 11th, 23rd, 2024 2nd round, 5th round and 2025 1st round. For that we give them #6
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

spiderblue43

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 15, 2024, 03:19:30 PMTheir 11th, 23rd, 2024 2nd round, 5th round and 2025 1st round. For that we give them #6

What? Is that the comp? Huh.

uconnjack8

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 15, 2024, 03:19:30 PMTheir 11th, 23rd, 2024 2nd round, 5th round and 2025 1st round. For that we give them #6

Just a guess, but I think they are aiming to move ahead of the Giants.

spiderblue43

Yup. Don't think rhe Giants are a match for a trade up. But...?? It's fun to dream.. :nanner:  :dance:  :dance:

spiderblue43

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 15, 2024, 03:48:08 PMJust a guess, but I think they are aiming to move ahead of the Giants.

Or a trade down. Yipes.