News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pugh to be back 2024 ?

Started by killarich, March 15, 2024, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

LOVE PUGH

cant wait see him heavier and with all rust off
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

MightyGiants

As a backup, I could think of worse.   He's an excellent locker room guy and he can be serviceable for short stretches
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nb587

Pugh had no training camp pretty much coming off the couch and was starting on a badly coached crappy OL.  Of course he sucked.  I think he might actually contribute in a better situation

DaveBrown74

I don't have a problem with Pugh being on the roster at the right price, but I am not at all comfortable depending on him as a starter. At least not until I see him play well for a few games. He was brutal last year. I understand that people want to make excuses, and maybe they're valid, but no way I'd be comfortable with him as a starter at this point. I might be if I see him play solidly again, but based on what I know today, I wouldn't want him as anything more than a depth guy. If that.

killarich

Considering our signings and Neal still on the team I don't see him starting anywhere

But he would be a good plug and play for a game or 2 if injuries happen ..... could instantly line up anywhere on the line anywhere but center

Would love Pugh back

AZGiantFan

I'd rather have neither of them.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Our oline settled after his arrival as both Devito and TT had better starts than Jones had.

Rosehill Jimmy

At the right price.  I can see him as serving as a depth piece but I hope we can find someone better to start
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

LennG

I would rather look elsewhere. He was just brutal last year and rust or not, it's time to call it a career.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Stringer Bell

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 15, 2024, 03:51:29 PMI'd rather have neither of them.

Exactly. Pugh was awful last year. I appreciate that he's a good guy and teammate, but that's not enough. Signing guys because they are familiar has played a major part in this decade of awfulness.

We've brought in 3 guards and a tackle. Time for new blood. Signing Pugh would be a complete waste of a roster spot and cap space.

Same with OBJ. Don't want him anywhere near our locker room. And any time wasted on OBJ is less time and targets spent on Wan'dale, Hyatt, and hopefully Nabers.

Time to move on.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 15, 2024, 07:47:39 PMExactly. Pugh was awful last year. I appreciate that he's a good guy and teammate, but that's not enough. Signing guys because they are familiar has played a major part in this decade of awfulness.

We've brought in 3 guards and a tackle. Time for new blood. Signing Pugh would be a complete waste of a roster spot and cap space.

Same with OBJ. Don't want him anywhere near our locker room. And any time wasted on OBJ is less time and targets spent on Wan'dale, Hyatt, and hopefully Nabers.

Time to move on.

Thank you. This "great locker room guy" stuff really has to stop. It's great when the player in question is actually a good player. But this is the same nonsense we heard all last summer for why Sterling Shepard should have a roster spot on the 2023 team and why cutting a much more useful player like Jamison Crowder to make the spot for him was a good idea. Shepard's being on the roster did absolutely nothing for the 2023 Giants. They were one of the worst teams in football, especially offensively. Let's not keep making this mistake over and over. It's a gruelingly competitive sports league, not a social club.