News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Pickett to the Eagles

Started by JT39, March 15, 2024, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

For the 98th pick and two 7th rounders. Eagles get pick 120 back.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Wow. I mean I'm no Pickett guy, but they got absolutely nothing for him if what you have posted is accurate. He has two years left on his rookie contract, and since he was picked like 17th or something it's not that much money. Insane move by the Steelers. Why would you give away a reasonably competent QB getting paid very little for nothing?

uconnjack8

Teams are moving on from QBs faster than I ever remember.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 15, 2024, 03:03:48 PMWow. I mean I'm no Pickett guy, but they got absolutely nothing for him if what you have posted is accurate. He has two years left on his rookie contract, and since he was picked like 17th or something it's not that much money. Insane move by the Steelers. Why would you give away a reasonably competent QB getting paid very little for nothing?

Who knows but I find Pickett to be terrible. So getting a 3rd rounder is probably the best they'll ever get. His value shrinks by the day since he won't play.

zephirus

This one doesn't add up for me.  He's not a gifted runner like Hurts.  You'd have to really change your play calling in the event Hurts goes down.  Maybe it's just be but I feel like there were better fits out there.

shadowspinner0

Steeler realized immediately that Pickett wasn't it and moved on yet the Giants tried to make Daniel Jones happen for 5 years then pay him big bucks smh

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on March 15, 2024, 03:05:33 PMWho knows but I find Pickett to be terrible. So getting a 3rd rounder is probably the best they'll ever get. His value shrinks by the day since he won't play.

Yeah but you're saying they're swapping 110 for 98. That's not really "getting a third rounder". That's moving up 12 spots in the dead middle of the dracft. That's borderline irrelevant.

MightyGiants

I recall a disputed rumor that Kenny Pickett refused to play backup QB.

I am thinking despite the denials by the parties involved, that really happened as this is the sort of trade that one makes when a QB makes it clear he is not a team player.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

No biggie, Eagles needed a backup, and backups are getting fewer and further between...young, healthy, experienced QBs are hard to find. I'd take Lock a hundred times before Pickett for a backup with a future. Pickett, with his short stature and mini-hands, was never going to be the next Brady. He's a serviceable backup in an emergency. Steelers did well IMO...they knew Pickett wasn't the future...cut their losses, added draft capital, sayonara
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

I thought Justin Fields was a fit. Pickett? Ugh