News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Sign 2 more Interior Olinemen

Started by Jclayton92, March 15, 2024, 09:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

londonblue

The market for Fields is a day 3 pick. That is the reality. The Bears have totally misjudged the market which sees him only as a back-up/emergency starter.

I agree with those who think keeping him and seeing if a mid season trade brings better value but the Bears beat writers generally think this is a bad idea as Fields is popular with many in the locker room and building which will make it harder for Caleb Williams to assert himself.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Jolly Blue Giant

The Bears will have to get rid of Fields, regardless of offers if they draft Williams
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

uconnjack8

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 16, 2024, 01:18:36 PMThe Bears will have to get rid of Fields, regardless of offers if they draft Williams

Not sure I think they "have to" get rid of Fields.   Chargers kept Brees, packers kept Favre and Rodgers when their replacements were drafted. Alex Smith played the year Mahomes was drafted. 

If course there are differences with those examples, but the idea that teams have to get rid of an incumbent starter seems incorrect to me.

spiderblue43

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 16, 2024, 10:16:45 AMDon't underrate Stinnie. Take a look at the games played, and the sacks, hits and hurries. I see him competing for a starting role at LG. Evan Neal better be on his game because Guard doesn't look to be in his future after this week's moves. Those positions have been nicely upgraded.

As long as nobody retires, goes IR or has a mental breakdown. I think I covered every surprise of the past. Hopefully nobody is placed in the witness protection program, gets abducted by aliens or takes a trip to Russia.

Yes. Nyet to vacationing in Russia (or training like Rocky IV did). Witness protection? Got very little of from Neal so far. Abducted by aliens? Do these lineman live near the border?

8))