News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ranaan: Giants Considering Moving Neal to Guard

Started by uconnjack8, March 17, 2024, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: babywhales on March 19, 2024, 08:42:21 AMGive Eleumenor the starting caliber reps at Rt, it is his job to lose.  That will either trigger something within Neal and hopefully get him working toward the right road under the guidance of Bricillo and if that is not an option that it sets the stage for the move to guard.

Neal has not earned the right to anything other than the opportunity to compete for a job.

It would be a mistake to give Neal any kind of edge on any depth chart associated with the Oline.
I agree. We gave this guy a big contract to come in and be a starter. He knows Bricillo's system and he's going to be key to getting the rest of the line up to speed.

Neal can fight for a job at RT or at G. Either way, he needs to earn a spot.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ViewFromSection129

I don't get Neal at all.  He was considered as close to a sure thing as there was.  Not necessarily to be a superstar, but to at least be a very good tackle.  And he came from a top school.  Something is amiss here.

babywhales

Quote from: ViewFromSection129 on March 19, 2024, 10:20:18 AMI don't get Neal at all.  He was considered as close to a sure thing as there was.  Not necessarily to be a superstar, but to at least be a very good tackle.  And he came from a top school.  Something is amiss here.

Could be as simple as lacking the mental discipline for the NFL, he abandons his technique when under duress. 

Or it could be poor coaching, Bobby Johnson was horrible and has been horrible for the majority of his career.

Or it could be the scheme, I have read Daboll asks Olineman to use a mix of zone and man:man blocking that can be very hard for certain players to implement. 

Either way the guy is a mess on the field more than not

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

ViewFromSection129

Quote from: babywhales on March 19, 2024, 10:27:45 AMCould be as simple as lacking the mental discipline for the NFL, he abandons his technique when under duress.

Or it could be poor coaching, Bobby Johnson was horrible and has been horrible for the majority of his career.

Or it could be the scheme, I have read Daboll asks Olineman to use a mix of zone and man:man blocking that can be very hard for certain players to implement.

Either way the guy is a mess on the field more than not

I'm hoping it is scheme or coaching.  Which is what I have questioned about the Giants for awhile.  We blame the draft for a lot, and rightly so, but I feel like we are not getting the most out of our players.  But I have not done an analysis on this, it is just more of an opinion than based on hard facts.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 19, 2024, 09:01:05 AMThe only reason I am saying it is to have olenty if time to build cohesion and continuity among the starting five so they really know how the guy left and right moves.

It's not to reward a bad player by anointing him July 1.

Last year I felt the Giants experimented all through preseason camp up to the first regular season game and had not built any continuity.

I totally agree that it would be great to have that cohesion. I just don't think it can be guaranteed ahead of camp/preseason with a line that is this embattled.

They could say something like "men, this is our starting five as of right now. If your name is on this list, we expect you to live up to our current assessment of you by performing up to scratch in camp and the preseason. If you're not on it, we want to see you give everything you have to try to earn you way onto it."

I don't see why that's not a decent compromise that gives you the hope of cohesion but leaves the door open to a different player working his way on by clearly outplaying and outpracticing the guy who is on.