News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

can we make the playoffs with Drew Locke?

Started by EliWasrobbed, March 17, 2024, 04:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

as someone not too familiar with his game, I am thinking worst case scenario where we draft an WR round 1 and just roll with Locke (obviously Jones is nnot playing bc of the injury clause).

Can he get us to the playoffs? No Saquon and adding locke and some WR doesn't exactly inspire promise, but the addition of Brian Burns makes this one fo the most formidable defenses in the game.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

DaveBrown74

I doubt it, as I think we're a pretty weak team especially offensively, although with the third wildcard, the 7 seeds that have been getting in have not been particularly great teams. If a few balls bounce your way and your conference isn't that good, a pretty mediocre team can get in. We've seen it pretty much annually.

What the Giants definitely won't do this year is legitimately contend. That's out of the question.

Philosophers

We cant make the playoffs with Patrick Mahommes if the OL remains as bad as 2023.

uconnjack8

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 17, 2024, 04:27:23 PMas someone not too familiar with his game, I am thinking worst case scenario where we draft an WR round 1 and just roll with Locke (obviously Jones is nnot playing bc of the injury clause).

Can he get us to the playoffs? No Saquon and adding locke and some WR doesn't exactly inspire promise, but the addition of Brian Burns makes this one fo the most formidable defenses in the game.

So you think a healthy Jones in September will never set foot on the field?  Just trying understand your thoughts here.

To answer the op:  I dont think much of Lock. He has never been able to translate his game to the NFL.  The small hands certainly dont help drive ball down field in tougher weather.  Heard some people on NFL radio say he looks good in practice but doesn't carry over to games.

One thing to add:  Adding Burns doesn't make the defense elite.  They still have to play and prove it.  Pass rushers dont have as much success when their offense scores 14 ppg and the team trails in the 2nd half regularly.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 17, 2024, 05:02:51 PMSo you think a healthy Jones in September will never set foot on the field?  Just trying understand your thoughts here.

To answer the op:  I dont think much of Lock. He has never been able to translate his game to the NFL.  The small hands certainly dont help drive ball down field in tougher weather.  Heard some people on NFL radio say he looks good in practice but doesn't carry over to games.

One thing to add:  Adding Burns doesn't make the defense elite.  They still have to play and prove it.  Pass rushers dont have as much success when their offense scores 14 ppg and the team trails in the 2nd half regularly.

I think he will not play a drive anymore
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 17, 2024, 05:02:51 PMOne thing to add:  Adding Burns doesn't make the defense elite.  They still have to play and prove it.  Pass rushers dont have as much success when their offense scores 14 ppg and the team trails in the 2nd half regularly.

They also don't do much to buttress an atrocious run defense.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll