News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you be happy with this Mock draft for the Giants?

Started by LennG, March 27, 2024, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

JT39

No - only because I don't think Penix is long for the NFL.

Ed Vette

I agree with Valentine, Lenn. I don't think Penix will be there and Bo Nix is their best shot by drafting up from the Second Round. I also don't see the compatibility with Penix. But I like the rest of the draft. If they go WR at six, they will likely be picking Pratt and I'm not completely against that. It's worth a mid second round gamble.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

My preference is a #1 WR with the first pick. After that I'll leave to JS and Dabs.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

katkavage

Yes. Penix more than Nix. The Giants must get one of the top 5 QBs, preferably the one they want most not named Caleb Williams, who they won't get at the price it would take. They cannot afford to kick the can down the road on QB. They are within range this year and must get one. Receivers are much easier to find.

Bob In PA

Lenn: I don't like Penix at all, but if the Giants take him (or any other QB) that high, I will fall back on the view that they know more about it than I do, even though I have a half-decent record on the issue of 1st-round QB's. In any event, I am certain that they will believe they're getting a bargain if they do such a thing. I'd prefer them to get a QB later in the draft (if at all) and try to get a guy who fell due to poor coaching rather than poor character.  IMO there's no position where character matters more then NFL QB.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kingm56

Quote from: LennG on March 27, 2024, 08:40:16 PMMatt Miller's 7-round New York Giants mock draft haul

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/matt-miller-s-7-round-new-york-giants-mock-draft-haul/ar-BB1kE54L?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4e80c8c7ce984cae9f29fa096167f99d&ei=6

I love the positions drafted, in the order they were selected; however, I completely agree with Ed.  I don't believe Penix will be available in the 2d; plus, he's my least favorite prospect of the top 6 QBs.  I hope Nix will be there for the Giants... 

Philosophers

Penix seems to need a really clean pocket to play well.  The last time the Giants could regularly provide clean pockets was..................

Get a QB in round 1 otherwise forget QB and load up on other positions and wait til 2025.

Jolly Blue Giant

No!

I agree that we should take a stud receiver in the first (Harrison, Odunze, Nabors, or Bowers), but after that, we should stagger offense and defense...like

1 WR1 or Blue chip TE
2 DL or freak of nature LB Payton Wilson
3 OG (someone like future HOF'er Zac Zinter, who would be first off the board if not for his injury. He can sit a year and become the mainstay OG for the next decade ala Zack Martin
4 S or CB or DL if we take LB in 2nd (Myles Cole would be an ideal replacement of Leo as a D3)
5 RB (a bruiser like Braelon Allen (6'2"/245 lbs...who ran a 4.40 at the combine)
6 S/CB/or OG/OT like Walter Rouse (could be a swing tackle or dominating guard of the future)

QB - wait until this year is over and see what we have in DJ and Drew. If we draft a QB, DeVito gets cut when rosters have to be shaved down at team limit
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

I am wondering if this could be 2022 all over again.

In the lead up to that draft it was expected that Malik Willis and Kenny Pickett were going in round one and no one was ruling out any of the following sneaking into round 1-  Corral, Howell, Ridder

Instead they went

Pickett rnd 1 pick 20
Ridder rnd 3 pick 74
Willis rnd 3 pick 86
Corral rnd 3 pick 94
Howell rnd 5 pick 144
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE