News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants bring back Simmons

Started by MightyGiants, April 05, 2024, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

He seems best inside just behind the LOS to attack middle and roam a bit laterally.  Putting him in edge or farther back seems like a mistake.

Rosehill Jimmy

It's funny reading these comments when you stop to think that the question about Simmons 5 years ago was the same as it is now... "where do you play him"

Are we and/or DCs any closer to the answer?
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jolly Blue Giant

From all I've read, he's they want to use him as a safety, to replace McKinney...most likely strong safety because of his size and ability to take down TEs and RBs. Even though he's run in the 4.3's compared to Pinnocks 4.4's, I think he's better suited for SS or even the "Money" position (hybrid slot corner-strong side linebacker) simply because he's 6'4", 240 lbs, who can run in the 4.4s. Tapping into that talent in the best way will be the coach's job

We have Pinnock and Belton currently as "starting" safeties. He'll most likely fit into one of the roles in a rotation. His size and speed should be valuable at stopping the run...IMO
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

Our new DC ran dimes more than anyone. So my money would be on heavy nickel.

LennG

One of my favorite players that Wink never used correctly. In the right scheme he could become our best defensive player.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AZGiantFan

I like him and I'm glad the Giants re-signed him.  But we need to remember, to whatever extent this does or doesn't apply to Simmons, that athletic specifications are not the same as talent.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll