News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New York Sports Fans - Which is your priority tonight?!

Started by andrew_nyGiants, April 25, 2024, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Are you watching the Knicks @ Philly - Game 3?

Or

The NFL Draft?

Personally I'm locked to the MSG channel watching the Knicks while monitoring my Giants app for Draft coverage.

Honestly, I'll probably be clicking during commercial breaks.

Potentially a GREAT NIGHT FOR NY SPORTS.

Let's GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

DaveBrown74

I'm watching the top 10-11 picks uninterrupted and then will use my judgment. If the game is close, I'll definitely be watching that in the fourth quarter. I have a feeling the Knicks will lose tonight though, possibly by a lot, so I'm not going to tune in to watch if they're down by 15 or something in the fourth quarter when I could be watching the draft. Will be a judgment call.

Jolly Blue Giant

I have picture in picture on my TV, so I'll have the Knicks on with the draft going on in the small picture. I can flip them back and forth with a button and when the Giants are on the clock (or a pick is in), I'll make that my big picture. It'll suck if it's the last minute of the game and the Giants pick is coming in. In that case...gotta go with the draft

I think the Sixers take game 3 tonight unless Brunson plays like Brunson. Philadelphia will play angry tonight, and it could get rough...well, even rougher than usual. They've already been very physical, containing Brunson, and it wouldn't surprise me if they try to get him out with an injury. Their whole strategy has been to stop Brunson and he's dogged from the second he's on the court
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

andrew_nyGiants

Oh ye of little faith!

The Knicks are living rent free in Nurse and Embiid's head.

That combined with our NEVER SAY DIE mindset, I'm feeling VERY GOOD about tonight.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Rosehill Jimmy

No Islanders? :D

Not a priority, but as I watch the lead up to the draft, I will be happy to not see Payton Mannings puss for a while. He has literally become dog shyte!   He's everywhere
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

TDToomer

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on April 25, 2024, 08:00:14 PMNo Islanders? :D

Not a priority, but as I watch the lead up to the draft, I will be happy to not see Payton Mannings puss for a while. He has literally become dog shyte!   He's everywhere

Yes the Islanders were my #1 priority tonight.
Then the draft
Then the Yankees
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on April 25, 2024, 07:26:34 PMOh ye of little faith!

The Knicks are living rent free in Nurse and Embiid's head.

That combined with our NEVER SAY DIE mindset, I'm feeling VERY GOOD about tonight.

I said it was going to be very physical, because that's what teams think it will take to stop NY. And boy was it ever - first flagrant foul within minutes of tip off with an elbow to Divi's eye - bleeding like a sieve. Then Embid got away with a flagrant foul by stiff arming Mitch and then grabbing his leg as Mitch came down, causing him to land on the back of his neck under the basket...got a foul call, but it wasn't called flagrant - and everyone could see it was flagrant. Mitch could not return to the game. Then later, Embid wrapped up Hartenstein again as he was coming down the court, and this time brought up his knee with a hard shot to the groin, laying out I-Hart. That was called "Flagrant 1" and announcers both said that both flagrant 1s should've been flagrant 2s, and the first hard foul delivered by Embid should've been flagrant

Rough game. Thought I was watching hockey for a bit. It's obvious Philly's game plan - hard fouls over and over and try to injure a Knick

https://dailyknicks.com/posts/joel-embiid-selfish-excuse-dirty-play-infuriate-knicks-fans-all-over-again-robinson?sc=be165671da3b347e2b57f31b3de62ada4335dd4eb041bc409f5188d150192a90
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 26, 2024, 05:41:20 PMI said it was going to be very physical, because that's what teams think it will take to stop NY. And boy was it ever - first flagrant foul within minutes of tip off with an elbow to Divi's eye - bleeding like a sieve. Then Embid got away with a flagrant foul by stiff arming Mitch and then grabbing his leg as Mitch came down, causing him to land on the back of his neck under the basket...got a foul call, but it wasn't called flagrant - and everyone could see it was flagrant. Mitch could not return to the game. Then later, Embid wrapped up Hartenstein again as he was coming down the court, and this time brought up his knee with a hard shot to the groin, laying out I-Hart. That was called "Flagrant 1" and announcers both said that both flagrant 1s should've been flagrant 2s, and the first hard foul delivered by Embid should've been flagrant

Rough game. Thought I was watching hockey for a bit. It's obvious Philly's game plan - hard fouls over and over and try to injure a Knick

https://dailyknicks.com/posts/joel-embiid-selfish-excuse-dirty-play-infuriate-knicks-fans-all-over-again-robinson?sc=be165671da3b347e2b57f31b3de62ada4335dd4eb041bc409f5188d150192a90
Yeah I feel like the refs felt compelled to over correct their performance at the Garden. But the Sixers and Embiid in particular, THUGGED their way through this one while the refs basically looked away.

NOT COOL!

I hope we DESTROY them in game 4 and then finish them off at the Garden.