News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 17, 2024, 04:05:27 AMDoes anyone know when the schedule is released. I need to start planning next week so I can avoid early meetings with the inevitable 3-4am finish.

Tickets went on sale earlier today for the Caps - Rangers series with Game one (1) believed to start on Sunday, April 21. The official playoff schedule is supposed to officially be released tomorrow, I believe.

Stay tuned for more!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kartanoman on April 17, 2024, 07:10:00 PMTickets went on sale earlier today for the Caps - Rangers series with Game one (1) believed to start on Sunday, April 21. The official playoff schedule is supposed to officially be released tomorrow, I believe.

Stay tuned for more!

Peace!

Re tickets:

Last year I put I think $300 down on the Rangers to win the ECF. I forget what odds I got exactly, but I calculated the hypothetical take on a win to be about enough (or close) to get at least serviceable seats at MSG for one Cup game, should they be lucky enough to make it. Of course they didn't, which was too bad, but I still thought that was a decent enough way to play the situation. I don't like pissing away $300 any more than the next guy, but it's not the end of the world, either.

This year it's different. They're only 4-1 to win the ECF, which isn't much of a payout. I'm not even bothering at those odds. If they make the finals and I want to go, I'll probably just have to pay up. Not ideal, but it will be hard to pass up that opportunity. I could hit up business contacts, but I don't like owing people favors, which would definitely be the case if I had someone take me to a Rangers Cup finals game at MSG on the arm. Tough.

Right now I'm not worried about any of the above though. If they are lucky enough to get that far, I'll consider my options then.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 17, 2024, 08:38:18 PMRe tickets:

Last year I put I think $300 down on the Rangers to win the ECF. I forget what odds I got exactly, but I calculated the hypothetical take on a win to be about enough (or close) to get at least serviceable seats at MSG for one Cup game, should they be lucky enough to make it. Of course they didn't, which was too bad, but I still thought that was a decent enough way to play the situation. I don't like pissing away $300 any more than the next guy, but it's not the end of the world, either.

This year it's different. They're only 4-1 to win the ECF, which isn't much of a payout. I'm not even bothering at those odds. If they make the finals and I want to go, I'll probably just have to pay up. Not ideal, but it will be hard to pass up that opportunity. I could hit up business contacts, but I don't like owing people favors, which would definitely be the case if I had someone take me to a Rangers Cup finals game at MSG on the arm. Tough.

Right now I'm not worried about any of the above though. If they are lucky enough to get that far, I'll consider my options then.

Slightly more value in England. They are 15/2

Game one is Sunday afternoon

EDjohnst1981

I'm pumped. Cannot wait for this evening.

Rangers in 5.

16 wins to go.

LGR.

DaveBrown74

Rock solid first game. We still have a long, long way to go, but you have to like how things got started today. It was pretty businesslike and decisive.

A couple quick thoughts (in no order):

(1) Defensemen did very well as a group in this game. Just rock solid play throughout. No odd man rushes and very few quality chances.

(2) I loved that our fourth line were the three stars of the game. All three of them played very well, and this is such a departure from Rangers teams of the recent past, where the bottom six was such a liability.

(3) I already mentioned the fourth line, but Rempe deserves a special mention. The energy he brings and the way he ignites both the fans and his teammates is really palpable. Lavvy loves him, and I don't blame him.

(4) While the game belonged to the fourth line and the D, our offensive stars all contributed. Laffy had a huge hit that set up the second goal, Bread had a goal and was moving the puck well, Krides had the goal to ice the game, Mika had the pass on that goal right on the tape, Tro was good on the dot and had some quality chances, etc. I thought they all played fine.

(5) Really no notable weak spots. Shesty wasn't really tested but he looked solid. Hard to point the finger at anything. I though the refs were a bit ticky-tack with the calls, but that impacted both teams if we're being fair about it.

I'm going on Tuesday night. I can't wait. May have to buy a Rempe jersey!

EDjohnst1981

Excellent recount, Jeff.

Superb stuff. As you say, very business like.

Roll on Tuesday. I've already instructed my Mrs to take a nap so she can be awake at 0000. We will be sat in the same positions.

Let's go. 15 wins to go. This is a special group.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 21, 2024, 06:21:44 PMExcellent recount, Jeff.

Superb stuff. As you say, very business like.

Roll on Tuesday. I've already instructed my Mrs to take a nap so she can be awake at 0000. We will be sat in the same positions.

Let's go. 15 wins to go. This is a special group.

Excellent, Ed!

I'll speak for myself, but I am pretty certain everyone here appreciates your passion for this team and commitment to watching them play despite the challenges of doing so on that side of the pond. Having lived there myself for several years, I can directly attest to the difficulty of doing so.

Needless to say, going the distance is extremely hard. A lot has to go your way. But I agree with you that this is a special group, and they're also healthy and playing well right now.

All they need to do is worry about winning the next game. Heads down, work hard, and just take care of business. Play each game like you're on the brink of elimination, whether you are or not.

LGR!

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 21, 2024, 06:15:11 PMRock solid first game. We still have a long, long way to go, but you have to like how things got started today. It was pretty businesslike and decisive.

A couple quick thoughts (in no order):

(1) Defensemen did very well as a group in this game. Just rock solid play throughout. No odd man rushes and very few quality chances.

(2) I loved that our fourth line were the three stars of the game. All three of them played very well, and this is such a departure from Rangers teams of the recent past, where the bottom six was such a liability.

(3) I already mentioned the fourth line, but Rempe deserves a special mention. The energy he brings and the way he ignites both the fans and his teammates is really palpable. Lavvy loves him, and I don't blame him.

(4) While the game belonged to the fourth line and the D, our offensive stars all contributed. Laffy had a huge hit that set up the second goal, Bread had a goal and was moving the puck well, Krides had the goal to ice the game, Mika had the pass on that goal right on the tape, Tro was good on the dot and had some quality chances, etc. I thought they all played fine.

(5) Really no notable weak spots. Shesty wasn't really tested but he looked solid. Hard to point the finger at anything. I though the refs were a bit ticky-tack with the calls, but that impacted both teams if we're being fair about it.

I'm going on Tuesday night. I can't wait. May have to buy a Rempe jersey!

Good summary and I see it much the same way. Some other thoughts:

1. Kreider covering Ovechkin, as Ray Ferraro highlighted near the end of the game, may have been one of the most important chess strategies implemented by Laviolette to start this series. Take away their thunder and get them on their heels with physical play and speed.

2. Once they stunned Charlie, with the beautiful play leading to Rempe's goal, the whole Caps' team looked overwhelmed and seemed to cave in. Two minutes and change yielding three goals. That will be a focal point for them in Game Two (2) to eliminate.

3. I haven't seen this Rangers' team ever get into another team's head as they did today. It was fascinating for me to watch a team previously used to out-physically beating the Rangers in the past get it handed to them in spades. Somewhere, files58 is smiling after watching this one.

One down, three to go and will the Rangers see a more physical Caps team take the ice for game two?

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

files58

"Somewhere, files58 is smiling after watching this one."

I missed the first half of the game, and picked it up at 3-1. I know it's the playoffs because my yelling at the screen to "get it out" had some extra on it. Must keep the puck in front of you at all times if possible. I've watched a good number of non-Ranger games. I've noticed that the Rangers are not the only team that gets in trouble when in their defensive zone they pass backwards, and/or laterally between defensemen, or they are not decisive with the puck. That's my peeve whether it's a Ranger game or other, just get it out. Anyway as mentioned by others good start, long way to go. The Caps in Game 2 will crowd the net, and pound the dee. Sooner rather than later Wilson needs to take some form of hockey abuse. An errant shot to the mouth or cheek is my preference. A discreet slash to the boot would do as well. The Caps will mug it up in Game 2. Lavy knows this. Alot depends how things are called by refs. Carlson played almost half the game. He needs to be pounded some, wear him out. It's going to get nasty, the Caps know that's the only way they can win.

jgrangers2

With the way Washington looked today, there's little excuse for this series to go more than 5 games and that's only if Lindgren can still one for Washington. That team is mediocre at best. Of all the teams fighting for that last spot, they were probably the best draw for us.

Giant Obsession

Well, it never pays to even passively root for the fishsticks.  Just hoping they can extend Carolina maybe 1 or 2 games and voila, they forget the game is 60 minutes long.

I guess best hope is they can steal one at home.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Rosehill Jimmy

Those last 2+ minutes were wild.  Numerous chances to clear the puck and couldn't do it. D pair (Trouba and Schneider?) we're on for the entire time and running on fumes at the end.

I expect Caps to come out blazing in game 3 so NYR better be prepared for the onslaught. For all intents and purposes the season will be on the line for Washington
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

DaveBrown74

Just got back home a little while ago. Good, exciting game, but I would only say we played well in spurts. There were definitely segments of the game that we weren't all that great. I'm glad about the result, but there were a lot of things to clean up. Nice little break until Friday now.

Energy at MSG was great.

kartanoman

We all knew the Caps were coming out laser focused and, to come away with one goal in the opening minutes may have seemed to ignite a spark; however, it was not to be.

Ovechkin held to one official shot on goal, in two games, and his turnover on the power play which the Rangers turned into a short-handed goal, was the play of the year, to date. Put a dagger in the Caps' venerable star and make Charlie's head spin as the Rangers pass the puck to toy with him before putting him out of his misery. It just doesn't get any better than that!

Great game, great result! Now, get at least one of the two in their building, but a sweep would be a dream but a tough ask since the Caps are tough in their own building.

In other action, that Florida-Tampa game last night was another amazing affair in going to overtime. Also "Georgie" bounced back for the Avs, after yielding seven in game one against the Jets, to outduel Hellebuyck, Conner and company to grab control of the series as it headsto Denver. Will the Leafs take it to Boston tonight? Just a great lineup of hockey every single night to watch!

Peace!