News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on March 01, 2022, 03:40:39 PM
I've only been doing these for about a month but, and maybe it's just me, it seems that since they sold to the Times, the words haven't been as common as before. Plus, it also seems that there are more words with double letters.

with people developing strategies that make the game easier less common words and double letters are ways to keep the game challenging
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 01, 2022, 03:48:15 PM
with people developing strategies that make the game easier less common words and double letters are ways to keep the game challenging
Good point

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Wordle 260 3/6

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Feast or famine day. First time with no out of place letters.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on March 06, 2022, 10:30:57 AM
Wordle 260 3/6

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Feast or famine day. First time with no out of place letters.

Got it in three as well today. A much needed result after more fifth try outcomes lately than I'd like.

I feel like score outcomes in this game are a bit like a par four in golf, with a correct guess on the fourth try being a "par" outcome. To me anything worse than four tries is not a good outcome. Anything less than four is a good or better than good outcome. I don't feel like I've "won" anything if I get it in five.

The one caveat to this is that there are sometimes situations where you have three greens by the 2nd or 3rd try and you then have multiple possible words that fit. Whether you get it immediately there or after an extra couple of tries has nothing to do with skill or brainpower and everything to do with just pure process of elimination luck. So my golf analogy is not always 100% true. I think it's a fair standard though when spread over a bunch of different games.

LennG

I'm still getting it in four. I put in my usual 3 words and had all the letters, so just getting the word today was easy.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

I've never gotten the word in one guess. Most of mine were done in the 4th try with the 3rd and 5th a little over half of the 4th.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2022, 01:14:06 PM
I've never gotten the word in one guess. Most of mine were done in the 4th try with the 3rd and 5th a little over half of the 4th.

I had one outright miss too about 4-5 weeks ago which I'm still annoyed at myself about lol.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 06, 2022, 01:28:21 PM

I had one outright miss too about 4-5 weeks ago which I'm still annoyed at myself about lol.
I think I had two misses. I'm a 98%.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 06, 2022, 01:57:58 PM
I think I had two misses. I'm a 98%.

Do you use the same starting word every time, or do you mix it up?

I always start with ADIEU. I've just gotten used to it.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 06, 2022, 02:03:47 PM
Do you use the same starting word every time, or do you mix it up?

I always start with ADIEU. I've just gotten used to it.
No I don't. I go with what pops in my head and try to hit the vowels by the second round.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Lately there has been only one vowel and sometimes used twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

I like the golf analogy

I try for the 3rd as well. 4th is par, as you said. After that I'm getting desperate lol

I start with the same word, RAISE, and go from there.

LennG

For whatever reason, I always start with HOIST and then READY
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

A rare got it on the second try Wordle today  :dance:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE