News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Today was a four-bagger for me, but I feel like that was a very good result as it was another relatively less common word. I had a fortunate guess in the 3-hole which really helped me.

I feel like they have definitely raised the difficulty level of the words in the past few weeks.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 07, 2022, 12:06:50 PM
Today was a four-bagger for me, but I feel like that was a very good result as it was another relatively less common word. I had a fortunate guess in the 3-hole which really helped me.

I feel like they have definitely raised the difficulty level of the words in the past few weeks.

I got today's in three tries. I've never used the word (or heard the word used) in a personal conversation yet I've heard it somewhere in the past (not a clue how it is spelled) and since I lucked out with three greens right through the middle on my second attempt, and given my options left, I typed it in waiting for the dreaded, "invalid word" but all the spaces flipped green. Lucky.

Yesterday I had a terrible time with "comma" and it took 5 tries and sweat was starting to bead up...LOL

they are definitely putting in more challenging words and it's getting where you have to think outside the box more often
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

I kinda figured it would get more challenging with the sale to the NYT.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Wordle 292 3/6

🟩
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Playing the other board and I'm stuck. Anyone see something I don't  :-??

Jolly Blue Giant

Oh duhhhh - just figured it out using a double letter. Forget I posted this...duhhhh

LennG

My usual 4 or 5 today. Yes, the words do seem a lot more tricky. I guess they have to keep people interested. If it were easy all the time, people would get bored.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

It's funny, I usually come on and do the word a bit later in the day and when I see a few comments already on this thread, I am usually prepared for a sort of 'harder' word. Today I saw nothing and can see why, today's word, for myself, anyway, was easy. got it in 3.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Four of the five letters in my same starting word were there. I could have gotten it in 2 if I guessed the correct missing letter. Did it in 3 though as well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on April 08, 2022, 01:36:20 PM
Four of the five letters in my same starting word were there. I could have gotten it in 2 if I guessed the correct missing letter. Did it in 3 though as well.

ditto
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

had all the letters in my first two words, easy one for today.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Same here, got it in three attempts. Seemed easy after the last few. Maybe the Times got complaints...LOL

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 09, 2022, 11:50:58 AM
Same here, got it in three attempts. Seemed easy after the last few. Maybe the Times got complaints...LOL

Ditto. Not one of their more challenging ones today.

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Jolly Blue Giant

Took me 4 tries and I thought it was a little tough  #:-S