News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In round 4 the Giants draft TE Theo Johnson

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Seems like a good pick to me, especially after reading the color from PSUBeirut.

Crazy high RAS, great size, good blocker, good pedigree. He's obviously not Brock Bowers, but he seems like a good get in the 4th.

The only thing I'll say is that I was a little surprised they didn't grab a RB there. The Louisville RB or Jalen Wright would have been nice picks, but maybe they think one of these RBs will make to their 5th round pick and that Johnson was too nice of a prospect to pass up. I also think this means Waller probably won't be back.

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 02:09:22 PMDare I say it...or even think it...in "size and play style, he reminds me of watching Jason Witten" (also a day 3 pick). Could we be so lucky?

Change of direction, natural instinct maybe not as good but maybe a faster Kevin Boss?  :hmm:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 02:09:22 PMDare I say it...or even think it...in "size and play style, he reminds me of watching Jason Witten" (also a day 3 pick). Could we be so lucky?

Witten was actually third round (69th overall), but stranger things have happened.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 01:55:03 PMEvery report I have heard suggest Waller is unlikely to return

Yeah, he either leaves on his own or the Giants will cut him
The KING is in the building

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: brownelvis54 on Today at 02:42:19 PMYeah, he either leaves on his own or the Giants will cut him

or potentially they could trade him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Topshelf21

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 01:12:29 PMThe Giants sure has made a concerted effort to increase the speed of their offensive skill players

Speed kills...

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I think after Neighbors, Theo is my favorite draft pick.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara