News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jamal Adams not punished for his conduct toward the concussion doctor

Started by MightyGiants, October 06, 2023, 03:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think the league got this one right.  Someone who just suffered a concussion should not be held to the same standard as an uninjured player.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1710351684940029959?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

zephirus

Especially since he apologized and thanked the neurologist for not clearing him when he was very obviously concussed.  If nothing else, maybe the NFL should consider not filming concussed players on the sideline. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: zephirus on October 06, 2023, 04:12:38 PMEspecially since he apologized and thanked the neurologist for not clearing him when he was very obviously concussed.  If nothing else, maybe the NFL should consider not filming concussed players on the sideline. 

In fairness, the networks usually don't know (until later) that a player is concussed
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

Well everyone knew he was being evaluated for a concussion and you can't blame the cameraman for filming sideline drama live. Are we really this sensitive?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

4 Aces

I'd be mad if I couldn't play against the Giants offense, too.

A lot of guys have made a lot of money vs. the Giants. Stat-padders. As Banks called us, everyone's "Get Right Team".