News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- a trade and a signing

Started by Jclayton92, October 07, 2023, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Bears trade Chase Claypool for a hamburger

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-trade-chase-claypool-to-dolphins

Johnathan Taylor gets a new 3 year 42 Million dollar deal from the Colts.

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-rb-jonathan-taylor-agrees-to-terms-on-three-year-42-million-contract-exten

Any thoughts? If Claypool can get his head right then that's a scary trio with Hill, Waddle, and Claypool.

Also I guess the Rb market isn't dead after all. I actually like the move by the Colts as a Taylor/Richardson duo is something you can build with.

madbadger

In a league where talent is at a premium two teams have gotten tired of him and given him away for next to nothing. Wait until he realizes the other two are going to get 80% of the balls.

uconnjack8

I think the Colts did the right thing there.  Will definitely help the QB.

True Blue

Quote from: madbadger on October 07, 2023, 02:30:13 PMIn a league where talent is at a premium two teams have gotten tired of him and given him away for next to nothing. Wait until he realizes the other two are going to get 80% of the balls.

Claypool? The Bears gave Pit a 2nd round pick

DaveBrown74

Quote from: True Blue on October 07, 2023, 03:17:29 PMClaypool? The Bears gave Pit a 2nd round pick

Agreed - the Bears overpaid ridiculously for Claypool. They gave the Steelers a pick that was higher than the Steelers used themselves to originally pick Claypool as a rookie.

Fortunately for them they made up for it by moving down in this last draft and getting a ton of capital from the Panthers, who now look like they may have misfired on Bryce Young, at least given the sacrifice they made.

madbadger

Quote from: True Blue on October 07, 2023, 03:17:29 PMClaypool? The Bears gave Pit a 2nd round pick

You're right. I thought it was a 4th. Even then he wore his welcome out in three years. How many guys with his size, speed and athletic ability get traded that early in their careers. His first years were really good.

Rambo89

I remember last year at the trade deadline there being a lot of complaints that the Giants didn't trade for Claypool.  Thank goodness they let the Bears make that mistake.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 07, 2023, 05:00:44 PMI remember last year at the trade deadline there being a lot of complaints that the Giants didn't trade for Claypool.  Thank goodness they let the Bears make that mistake.
I remember "he who shall not be named" being all over both Claypool and DJ Moore.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 07, 2023, 06:23:46 PMI remember "he who shall not be named" being all over both Claypool and DJ Moore.

DJ Moore had 3 TDs on Thursday. He would instantly be our #1 WR. The problem is that Jones would still dump the passes off to Campbell for a 2 yard gain.

Ray Handley commented on them?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 10:42:25 AMDJ Moore had 3 TDs on Thursday. He would instantly be our #1 WR. The problem is that Jones would still dump the passed off to Campbell for a 2 yard gain.

Ray Handley commented on them?
very true and no not ray.

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs