News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

No Barkley today

Started by MightyGiants, October 08, 2023, 08:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

No surprise. High ankle sprains are a minimum of a month.

uconnjack8

If they are going to have any shot today, they need to be able to run the ball against that weak run D.

Rambo89

Quote from: katkavage on October 08, 2023, 08:38:38 AMNo surprise. High ankle sprains are a minimum of a month.

Yeah, I don't why anyone is surprised it's a 4+ week injury.  Seems like the Giants know he's going to be out but are playing games with their opponent making them wonder if Barkley will play.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

The offense will stink today. Our safeties will be exposed. Wouldn't be shocked seeing us down 21-0 in the first quarter.

38-10.

andrew_nyGiants

Is it the injury preventing him from playing?

Or are they insuring he's 100% in order to execute a trade before the deadline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

When I first saw him injured and how he was bent, I figured it was a high ankle sprain. They tried to do damage control and say it was a "normal" ankle sprain.

He'll be back for Week 7. If he comes back for Buffalo, he won't last the season.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on October 08, 2023, 09:55:40 AMWhen I first saw him injured and how he was bent, I figured it was a high ankle sprain. They tried to do damage control and say it was a "normal" ankle sprain.

He'll be back for Week 7. If he comes back for Buffalo, he won't last the season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

I would really like to see Gray get some carries today with Brightwell only on ST coverage.

The Saints waived Tony Jones who filled in nicely for an injured Kamara in week 1. We should put in a claim and waive Brightwell.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

LennG

As long as the Giants can't get the defense off the LOS by throwing the ball deeper, we will have no running game and we will still be relegated to 5-yard passes. What does the defense have to lose by blitzing every down? We can't hold them off and Jones can't make them pay by throwing deeper. It is a useless cycle of frustration.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

We also shouldn't have wasted a roster spot on Cole Beasley if he can't get healthy

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: Trench on October 08, 2023, 11:01:30 AMWe also shouldn't have wasted a roster spot on Cole Beasley if he can't get healthy

Didn't he say last week he was good to go?

Also, he's not taking a spot up is he?

Painter

And no Barkley next year, that's for sure. It won't matter how well he plays when he does come back. So, start thinking about finding his successor.

Cheers!

LennG

Quote from: Painter on October 08, 2023, 11:22:35 AMAnd no Barkley next year, that's for sure. It won't matter how well he plays when he does come back. So, start thinking about finding his successor.

Cheers!

He is sort of the face of the Giants, at least when they are advertised, yet he probably wouldn't bring more than a 3rd rounder in a trade.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 08, 2023, 11:04:30 AMDidn't he say last week he was good to go?

Also, he's not taking a spot up is he?

I'm not sure so I shouldn't have posted that. I assumed he was on the team. But in any event I'd like to see him available he's good