News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who is playing better this year than last year?

Started by Philosophers, October 08, 2023, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

What Giants players are playing better this year than last year?  I can't think of one.  That is also a huge reason for the disappointing season.

sooners56

Does bad coaching or just bad players contribute more to that?
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Trench

MightyGiants

No one, the best you could say is a few are playing about the same.  The majority have all taken a step back
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

Quote from: Philosophers on October 08, 2023, 01:40:20 PMWhat Giants players are playing better this year than last year?  I can't think of one.  That is also a huge reason for the disappointing season.

And that's why I'm not sold on Daboll at all.

Schoen either.

The only reason I've heard why we should keep them is "we can't keep firing guys after 2 seasons".

TDToomer

Quote from: AYM on October 08, 2023, 07:10:27 PMAnd that's why I'm not sold on Daboll at all.

Schoen either.

The only reason I've heard why we should keep them is "we can't keep firing guys after 2 seasons".

And it's true. GMs get more rope than coaches so Schoen is safe. Daboll was coach of the year, something McAdoo, Shurmer and Judge never were so he is most likely returning even if he did a 10 minute nonsense rant to the press. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

AYM

Quote from: TDToomer on October 08, 2023, 07:14:09 PMAnd it's true. GMs get more rope than coaches so Schoen is safe. Daboll was coach of the year, something McAdoo, Shurmer and Judge never were so he is most likely returning even if he did a 10 minute nonsense rant to the press. 

Given ownership, likely. I'm saying he really hasn't earned it, and the team is trending in the wrong direction at an accelerating rate.

LennG

No one is playing better and most are playing worse. I was thinking about this while watching the game today. Be it on Daboll or anyone else, I think too many Giants started believing all the hype about them because of last year's success. I really believe most of the players went into this off-season believing that they would be a competitive team for the playoffs and they started assuming instead of working for it. Last year most of the players worked their asses off and it showed at game time, this year they just show up and think good things will happen. Well, they haven't and the players AND coaches are to blame.
But as a wise coach once said, he can only coach them to play well, he can't go out there and do it for them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TDToomer

Robinson is playing better but that's because he is healthy.
I'd also argue that Gillem is playing better but was already a great punter.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

The punter is the only one playing better that I can see.

Slayton isn't doing much either