News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mike Kafka should he be OC?

Started by brownelvis54, October 08, 2023, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

Messiah717

He should be cleaning the field after the game.

Rambo89

At least through the end of this season he should be.  Whether Daboll wants to bring in a new one for his rookie QB next season is up to him.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

madbadger

Could anyone do better with the bag of garbage he's handed every week?

Jclayton92

I think I'd go with Groh over Tierney if they replace kafka.

LennG

I have a lot of thoughts on Kafka and they all aren't good. I, personally, liked him last year, but this year, he really seems to have his head in the sand. We bring in all this speed at WR and we never use it. Maybe Kafka thinks we are still buried in last years crop of WRs and no one told him we now have guys who can separate and run downfield. I really think he is the main reason why this offense is so putrid. And let's not forget his play calling with 3 minutes left in the game, us down 2 scores and he is running the ball on 3rd downs, not once but several times.
Really, WTF was that?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

EDjohnst1981

Probably the first sacrificial lamb after the during the bye week. 

brownelvis54

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 08, 2023, 04:50:25 PMProbably the first sacrificial lamb after the during the bye week. 

Makes the most sense. Daboll can call the plays. Giants need to shake things up
The KING is in the building

Rambo89

Will make no difference this season if Daboll is calling plays
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: brownelvis54 on October 08, 2023, 04:52:35 PMMakes the most sense. Daboll can call the plays. Giants need to shake things up

That's my thinking.

Also agree with Rambo below that it'll make little difference.

kingm56

Do we honestly think our six offensive coordinator in five years is going to fundamentally change anything?

Jclayton92

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 08, 2023, 04:50:25 PMProbably the first sacrificial lamb after the during the bye week. 
I think they'd go specials then oline before OC.

jgrangers2

Bad O-line, no #1 receiver, his best offensive weapon has been out for the last 3 games and his QB has serious limitations in reading the field. You can only run a smoke and mirrors offense for so long before the league catches up with you.

nicky1000

Quote from: jgrangers2 on October 08, 2023, 05:56:42 PMBad O-line, no #1 receiver, his best offensive weapon has been out for the last 3 games and his QB has serious limitations in reading the field. You can only run a smoke and mirrors offense for so long before the league catches up with you.

Reminds me of the year the Dolphins ran the Wildcat and it worked....until it didnt.

uconnjack8

Feels like just a few weeks ago people were worried about him getting a HC gig.

Probably because it was just a few weeks ago.