News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

First Guy I’d bench or trade

Started by JT39, October 08, 2023, 05:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

Xavier McKinney. This guy is a loser in every possible way. From his selfish act last year, from his act earlier this year and now this...

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
19m
Asked a question about Miami's big plays, Xavier McKinney, "What we're not gonna do is keep blaming the defense. We lost as a team and it is what it is."

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
18m
Replying to
@DDuggan21
Fox analyst Jonathan Vilma said on the broadcast that McKinney blew the coverage on Tyreek Hill's 69-yard touchdown. McKinney said, "That's not accurate at all. Who was on the broadcast?"

Told it was Vilma, McKinney replied, "Oh, OK. He don't know what he's talking about then....

Just a self centered player who makes more mistakes and plays. Want him no part of the future.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 05:20:31 PMXavier McKinney. This guy is a loser in every possible way. From his selfish act last year, from his act earlier this year and now this...

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
19m
Asked a question about Miami's big plays, Xavier McKinney, "What we're not gonna do is keep blaming the defense. We lost as a team and it is what it is."

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
18m
Replying to
@DDuggan21
Fox analyst Jonathan Vilma said on the broadcast that McKinney blew the coverage on Tyreek Hill's 69-yard touchdown. McKinney said, "That's not accurate at all. Who was on the broadcast?"

Told it was Vilma, McKinney replied, "Oh, OK. He don't know what he's talking about then....

Just a self centered player who makes more mistakes and plays. Want him no part of the future.

Excellent pick. Character matters.

EDjohnst1981

Team sounds like it's imploding.

It reads, and I've not heard it, that he's looking to blame the offense.

Both have been dreadful. I don't have enough fingers on my hands to point to all the blame for this collective failure.

Jclayton92

If he was playing in a traditional defense and the giants could actually afford to allow him to be the deep safety and ballhawk he'd be amazing.

Imagine calling someone you don't know self centered because they went on a vacation and are venting because they are tired of losing. The defense hasn't been great but it hasn't been the problem. We didn't invest in the defense this offseason like we did the offense.

Like seriously look at the secondary it's Mckinney and Jackson with 2 rookies and a UDFA and even they aren't the problem.

Rambo89

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 08, 2023, 05:28:58 PMIf he was playing in a traditional defense and the giants could actually afford to allow him to be the deep safety and ballhawk he'd be amazing.

Imagine calling someone you don't know self centered because they went on a vacation and are venting because they are tired of losing. The defense hasn't been great but it hasn't been the problem. We didn't invest in the defense this offseason like we did the offense.

Like seriously look at the secondary it's Mckinney and Jackson with 2 rookies and a UDFA and even they aren't the problem.

They haven't been good.  McKinney has missed a number of tackles and the effort looks to be lacking.  I'm glad the Giants didn't hand him a big extension.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 08, 2023, 05:28:58 PMIf he was playing in a traditional defense and the giants could actually afford to allow him to be the deep safety and ballhawk he'd be amazing.

McKinney was thought to be a star. He's far from it. I see him missing tackles, tackling up high and today it appeared he missed an assignment (maybe).

But it's his comments which have really made me give pause

TDToomer

And replace him with who???? They will draft yet another safety, start him right away, and watch him get burned.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Doc16LT56

McKinney's going to walk at the end of the season. Unless they tag him which is unlikely at this point. It might make more sense to ride out the season and hope for a comp pick.

JT39

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 08, 2023, 06:01:48 PMMcKinney's going to walk at the end of the season. Unless they tag him which is unlikely at this point. It might make more sense to ride out the season and hope for a comp pick.

Rather trade him. If we sign free agents, the comp pick will be wiped out

TDToomer

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on October 08, 2023, 06:01:48 PMMcKinney's going to walk at the end of the season. Unless they tag him which is unlikely at this point. It might make more sense to ride out the season and hope for a comp pick.

Tag McKinney?  =))  :laugh:  :scared:  :surprise:
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

madbadger

With Drake May and Caleb Williams floating around out there I'd hope that every veteran who is on an expiring contract with some value will be dealt for picks and a better chance of actually landing a franchise quarterback. It's not like Williams, Jackson and McKinney are making a difference. If Barkley gets healthy and plays well they should move him too. Same goes for Waller and Campbell.

VanPelt

All this tells me is the team is fracturing internally. The defense probably feels like its being hung out to dry by the lousy offense. You can see it in their actions on the field

LennG

Quote from: JT39 on October 08, 2023, 05:20:31 PMXavier McKinney. This guy is a loser in every possible way. From his selfish act last year, from his act earlier this year and now this...

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
19m

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
·
18m
Replying to
@DDuggan21

"From his selfish act last year,"---selfish act. I think you need to reevaluate things, brother. Yes, he got hurt doing something he really wasn't supposed to do, but so do 75% of the players in all sports. It was an unfortunate accident that did hurt the Giants, but a selfish act---- never happened.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

Is this a move to improve the team or get rid of someone you don't like? 

Today the defense didnt look good but if you told me prior to the game they would get 3 takeaways and score a TD, I would have thought they would be in a position to get a win.

On the other hand, if you told me the offense wouldn't score a TD, I would have thought the score would have been worse than it was (it could have been).

If I were going to bench anyone, it would be Jones right now.  Let Taylor play and see if there is any improvement.