News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reminder of the OL shuffling all preseason

Started by JT39, October 09, 2023, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 09, 2023, 10:12:52 AMhttps://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1711378962436313149?s=61

Dan is incorrect here.  In the Giants offense, the protections are set by the center.  Dan has been going after Daniel Jones hard this season, to the point that he is now making mistakes on fundamental facts.  Worse, Dan ignored the two other rushers who had easily defeated their blocks. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 09, 2023, 10:12:52 AMhttps://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1711378962436313149?s=61

I see Dan quietly (I consider that a lack of character; own up to your mistakes, don't hide them) deleted his post because he realized he was wrong to blame Jones for that play.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 10:04:48 AMYes because parris Campbell was a stud before coming over here.

Hey your boy Waller had two 50/50 plays thrown down field. He let Eli Apple get the best of him and let a smaller corner take the ball out of his hands.

But those weren't Wallers fault I bet.

This is a thread about the OL. You hijack every thread making it about Jones. We get it. There are a dozen of other threads to talk about Jones. How about keeping it there for once?

You want to add something about our OL - go for it. But it was predictable you would blame Jones or slight him as soon as the the thread started.

You were the one who went off topic mentioning the Giants weapons not believing they were any good. I was just responding to that comment.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 10:22:55 AMDan is incorrect here.  In the Giants offense, the protections are set by the center.  Dan has been going after Daniel Jones hard this season, to the point that he is now making mistakes on fundamental facts.  Worse, Dan ignored the two other rushers who had easily defeated their blocks. 

Can it be confirmed what pre-snap responsibilities Jones has been given by the coaching staff? 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 10:50:29 AMCan it be confirmed what pre-snap responsibilities Jones has been given by the coaching staff? 

Are you defending a post that even the author has abandoned?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 10:53:56 AMAre you defending a post that even the author has abandoned?

I am asking an in general question that has come up a number of times without any legit proof.  So I will ask that question again as it can explain a lot.

Trench

Jones does a very poor job pre snap. He rarely audibles and when he does (yesterday highlights this) he is unsure and everything looks erratic. Can u think of. A time where one of his audibles resulted in a big play?....I can't

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 10:56:22 AMI am asking an in general question that has come up a number of times without any legit proof.  So I will ask that question again as it can explain a lot.

Greg,

All summer I listened to interviews from players and coaches.  All of them made it clear the protections are called by the center, even if that center is a rookie.  You are certainly free to go search those interviews out, but in light of Dan deleting his post because he was wrong, I see little reason to do the work myself.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

I'm pretty sure QBs are supposed to audible depending upon what they see pre snap. Jones is poor at best doing this because in the limited times he does we either have to burn a timeout or everything looks helter skelter. And I can't remember the last time I watched him audible where I said "wow that was a good play"

Eli was GREAT at doing this. He also had a serenity and calmness in those moments. So many times I remember saying wow good job Eli.

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 09:43:24 AMThe Giants defeated the undefeated Pats by getting pressure on the greatest QB ever in his prime.   So I am baffled how you don't understand how more pressure would as Daboll said, "affect the QB"

What about the NFCCG in 2011 where SF beat the hell out of Eli all game? He kept on trucking, shook it off and made the plays and beat them. He was affected but it didn't matter because he had the goods. Jones does not, he would not have won that game.

If we want to cherry pick games for the sake of argument, then this shows @Rambo89 s point that those games are outliers and the truly good ones are more than capable of making it work all the same, pressure or not.

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on October 09, 2023, 11:20:25 AMWhat about the NFCCG in 2011 where SF beat the hell out of Eli all game? He kept on trucking, shook it off and made the plays and beat them. He was affected but it didn't matter because he had the goods. Jones does not, he would not have won that game.

If we want to cherry pick games for the sake of argument, then this shows @Rambo89 s point that those games are outliers and the truly good ones are more than capable of making it work all the same, pressure or not.

Eli was sacked 6 times in that game, Jones has been sacked 16 times in the last two games
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Pugh will help stabilize this oline and with Thomas and Schmitz on the mend things will be better very soon

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 11:22:36 AMEli was sacked 6 times in that game, Jones has been sacked 16 times in the last two games

Ok, you used SB XLII as an example, we only sacked Brady 5 times that games. That was your example that you used. Fewest sacks of any of the games mentioned.

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on October 09, 2023, 11:25:27 AMOk, you used SB XLII as an example, we only sacked Brady 5 times that games. That was your example that you used. Fewest sacks of any of the games mentioned.

You see Brady get impacted with just 5 sacks and you expect Jones to be unphased by 16 sacks in two games?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 11:03:24 AMGreg,

All summer I listened to interviews from players and coaches.  All of them made it clear the protections are called by the center, even if that center is a rookie.  You are certainly free to go search those interviews out, but in light of Dan deleting his post because he was wrong, I see little reason to do the work myself.

I have researched and asked the question because I have not seen anything anywhere that says whether Jones has been given the option to adjust the play call or alignment at the LOS pre snap. But I guess according to what you are saying Daniel Jones only has the responsibility to call for the center to snap the ball and run the play as called by the coaches.