News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reminder of the OL shuffling all preseason

Started by JT39, October 09, 2023, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 11:30:59 AMYou see Brady get impacted with just 5 sacks and you expect Jones to be unphased by 16 sacks in two games?

I simply said he (Jones) does not have the goods, which he doesn't, Year 5 Eli in this same offense would be dramatically improved.

I never said he is unphased or should be, he just has not played good ball, neither has the OL.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 11:31:24 AMI have researched and asked the question because I have not seen anything anywhere that says whether Jones has been given the option to adjust the play call or alignment at the LOS pre snap. But I guess according to what you are saying Daniel Jones only has the responsibility to call for the center to snap the ball and run the play as called by the coaches.

You had 3 defenders meeting at the QB.  In cases like that, it's not the protection called.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 11:41:01 AMYou had 3 defenders meeting at the QB.  In cases like that, it's not the protection called.

Again that doesn't answer my question which isn't about one play or even one game.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

I'll answer it. He unfortunately doesn't make pre snap decisions well. There is game tape to prove it

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 10:33:24 AMI see Dan quietly (I consider that a lack of character; own up to your mistakes, don't hide them) deleted his post because he realized he was wrong to blame Jones for that play.
Dan is a joke & was a terrible qb, but they listen. Same as you have with Marc Ross talking on NFL Network as a Pro when he was a failure.

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on October 09, 2023, 11:47:47 AMI'll answer it. He unfortunately doesn't make pre snap decisions well. There is game tape to prove it

But have the coaches given him the option of making those pre snap decisions?  What I am getting from Rich is that he doesn't and he is just supposed to call for the ball to be snapped and for the play to be run as is.  If that's the case then I can't fully blame him if those decisions have been taken away from him.

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 09, 2023, 11:47:47 AMI'll answer it. He unfortunately doesn't make pre snap decisions well. There is game tape to prove it

So you're blaming Jones Bredeson getting beat like a drum and Glowinski not picking up a stunt (for like the 15th time this year).

Agendas usually fail in proving points.

Trench

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 11:54:25 AMSo you're blaming Jones Bredeson getting beat like a drum and Glowinski not picking up a stunt (for like the 15th time this year).

Agendas usually fail in proving points.

No I am not. What I am saying is the line stinks but so too does Jones (at the pre snap recognition and audible stuff!)....now if the coaches are not allowing Jones to audible or change things then they need to be FIRED!

files58

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 08:44:34 AMhttps://x.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1711071801277575250?s=20

I figured it out. The problem is with the helmets. They need to replace the NY with Giants like they wore in the Parcells era. Whenever I see today's helmets I always think briefly of the mid 60's to early 70's Giants. After watching the short video I thought Jones is the only Giant in the picture with his ass on the ground, and what are each of the OL thinking when they see him down after being greeted by three Fish.

JT39

Quote from: Trench on October 09, 2023, 12:06:14 PMNo I am not. What I am saying is the line stinks but so too does Jones (at the pre snap recognition and audible stuff!)....now if the coaches are not allowing Jones to audible or change things then they need to be FIRED!

I am not going to make assertions like the social medias experts do on who's to blame or who should be doing what.

1) we don't know who's responsible
2) we don't know what's called
3) we don't know who screwed up

It could be jones, it could be the center, it could be a member of the OL.

Assuming who's to blame based off what we think should happen is very dangerous.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 09, 2023, 12:23:19 PMI am not going to make assertions like the social medias experts do on who's to blame or who should be doing what.

1) we don't know who's responsible
2) we don't know what's called
3) we don't know who screwed up

It could be jones, it could be the center, it could be a member of the OL.

Assuming who's to blame based off what we think should happen is very dangerous.

This is why I am asking to confirm who has what responsibility and have for weeks.  I don't want to assume.  Yet it's assumed I am just automatically blaming Jones when I am not.

Messiah717

While certainty they lack talent all around.  This looks like a team that's being very badly coached. 

Rambo89

To answer that question Schneider provides his insight based off what he heard from Kafka's off season comments.  Sounds like it's issues all around.

https://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1711401010881499322?s=61

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 09, 2023, 12:58:05 PMTo answer that question Schneider provides his insight based off what he heard from Kafka's off season comments.  Sounds like it's issues all around.

https://twitter.com/danschneiernfl/status/1711401010881499322?s=61

The post you choose to share literally says-  "Can't fault the QB here. OL has been bad v. stunts/twists forever."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 09, 2023, 01:07:28 PMThe post you choose to share literally says-  "Can't fault the QB here. OL has been bad v. stunts/twists forever."

Read the first sentence what does it say as far as responsibility based upon Kafka's comments?

That was shared to clarify the question I have asked for weeks which has gone unanswered.  I am sorry that it goes against the narrative that it's always the center's fault.