News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

That 2 point conversion

Started by Arodgers12, December 15, 2023, 10:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arodgers12

That 2 point conversion was such a awful play all by us. If we make that we probably go to overtime and possibly lose anyway. What did you guys think of that playcall? Also what were your thoughts on Jordan Love? Is he the answer for us or not?

MightyGiants

Love looked off in the game, but from what I heard, Monday's game wasn't a good representation of his work.  As for the 2-point call any play that doesn't work, is always second-guessed, hard to say if there was a better option.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

ARod: It was not a play I would have called. IMO, inside the coach's head: (a) Reed gouged the Giants all evening, so maybe something to him might work; and (b) the QB is a rookie and we're on the road.  I get why they did not pass and why they went to Reed.

General problems with that play, IMO: that was a different type of play than the ones in which Reed had enjoyed earlier success running, and the QB had done nothing particularly "bad" all night (in other words, he was doing OK-to-well, so trust in him should not have been diminished from the level it reached after beating two playoff teams (Lions, Chiefs) back-to-back.

Specific problems with that play, IMO: usually, when a guy is put in motion and move around in the backfield a lot, he is a decoy -or- the team is trying to get him a "head start" in doing his job when the ball is snapped. Neither of those purposes was met by that particular play. 

Bob

PS. I know it's all just 20/20 hindsight.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!