News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Season Ticket On Youtube

Started by Gman329, December 14, 2023, 10:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman329

In a word, SUCKS!  It takes way too long to load and it's always delayed.  Sometimes the game on Youtube is an entire series behind the live action.  I've given up trying to switch from one game to another, simply because it takes too GD long!  You want to check out another game during a commercial break?  The commercial will be over and several plays run by the time the other game loads!  You spend a lot of time looking at a blank screen waiting for a game to pop up.  Very frustrating.

And I've noticed even the network games are a play or two behind Red Zone!  I'll have a network game on one TV and Red Zone on the other and inevitably, Red Zone will show a TD or major play in the game I'm watching, a play or two before it comes up on the "live" game!  Kinda takes the suspense out of the "live" game you're watching! 

And that's for a network game. Red Zone is WAAAAY ahead of any Youtube game.  I paid for the Season Ticket on Youtube this year.  I won't do it again.

President Rick

for me here in Ohio it's the only option to see Giants games that aren't in the regular network schedule.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Ed Vette

What about NFL Gameday? I have the App on my phone but also my TV. If you're out of the area, wouldn't you be able to watch it there? For $14 a month I get that, Redzone and Replay.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gman329

NFL Gameday doesn't give you all the games live, does it?  My understanding is that Youtube has exclusive rights, just as Direct TV did in past years, no? 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Gman329 on December 14, 2023, 11:52:27 AMNFL Gameday doesn't give you all the games live, does it?  My understanding is that Youtube has exclusive rights, just as Direct TV did in past years, no? 
Sorry, only prime time and local in market games.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

gregf

GMAN is correct.  The pricing plan is nice to not be tied to direc tv, but it is slow to load.  The picture is not sharp as well.The nfl+ is also slow. I often miss the first few mins of a game jumping through hoops to re verify something I've paid for.

kartanoman

I was getting ready to lecture you about checking your internet download speeds to ensure you have optimized your connection. Then I realized that isn't the issue you are complaining about.

Yes, YouTube has a bit of an issue when it comes to switching games since you have to establish a connection to that game's feed which departs from the traditional changing thr channel, so to speak.

I rarely bounce between games now because of that when the Giants are on. Yes, that takes a little bit away from my Sunday Ticket enjoyment which is somewhat to your point.

Unless streaming services like YouTube can figure out how a customer can "switch between games" without losing a primary feed on a game of interest, it's going to get old quickly. But apart from customers complaining, would they walk away from this product or become slave to it?

The NFL won't care as long as it sees $$$ and hears "cha-ching!"

We will pay more for what is, in essence, a lesser quality product

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kingm56

I completely disagree; YouTube service has been phenomenal.  Unlike DTV streaming service, YouTube has been 100% reliable, which is very much appreciated from someone who has to get up at 0300 to watch games. The quad-box is also a really nice feature.  Yes, the game is about 60-seconds behind live action, but that doesn't bother a me at all...I just watch all the games via YouTube, or switch to a quad box option. 

markdmd

More monitors. We commonly stream 4 different games at the same time.