News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

JJ McCarthy (could he be the Giants target in round one)?

Started by MightyGiants, February 02, 2024, 10:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2024, 08:04:35 AMYou can put a film study like that on every QB and every player.  They all make mistakes in a game so highlighting it offers nothing.  Do you think Caleb Williams does not ever miss a read or not focus one place when he should throw somewhere else.  Of course he soes.  What's great about that video is that even on plays where he could have gone to one player and threw it or ran it, he still made a big play.

ok confirmed you are a JJ guy instead of Drake, makes sense now
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

EliWasrobbed

Quote from: JT39 on March 17, 2024, 09:03:54 AM26 pages of nonsense?

Very mature repsonse

you would know a LOT about maturity given your attacks on me.
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Philosophers

Quote from: EliWasrobbed on March 17, 2024, 03:14:08 PMok confirmed you are a JJ guy instead of Drake, makes sense now

What did I write that concludes that?

Philosophers

Given that JJ is the most polarizing prospect in this board, I probably hope the Giants don't draft him. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2024, 05:27:11 PMGiven that JJ is the most polarizing prospect in this board, I probably hope the Giants don't draft him. 

If he's good, I don't know why a little pre-draft controversy will matter. I'm sure Texans fans had some disagreements about Stroud last spring/summer. I doubt they do now.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 17, 2024, 05:30:11 PMIf he's good, I don't know why a little pre-draft controversy will matter. I'm sure Texans fans had some disagreements about Stroud last spring/summer. I doubt they do now.

Conclusions here are formed by many.

Stroud had nowhere near the doubt.

Happy to get Nabers and go from there.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2024, 05:50:19 PMConclusions here are formed by many.

Stroud had nowhere near the doubt.

Happy to get Nabers and go from there.

I suppose. I certainly haven't formed any myself.

For me, I just want the team to start winning. In other words, I want them to get the best possible players and develop them well. I don't really care that much what other fans think or say before the draft. There is always going to be noise. There will always be mixed opinions. And yes, there will always be fans who think they themselves know more than NFL front offices. It's just part of what the NFL offseason is always about, every year. It is what it is.

y_so_blu

Quote from: Philosophers on March 17, 2024, 05:27:11 PMGiven that JJ is the most polarizing prospect in this board, I probably hope the Giants don't draft him. 
This board could polarize itself over how to hang toilet paper.

McCarthy is much more promising than anything we have now at QB, and I'll be excited if we get him.

Philosophers

Quote from: y_so_blu on March 17, 2024, 06:15:41 PMThis board could polarize itself over how to hang toilet paper.

McCarthy is much more promising than anything we have now at QB, and I'll be excited if we get him.

Ha Ha tough to disagree with that.

MightyGiants

I think you are seeing the difference between production scouting and trait scouting.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

I hate the idea of leaving topflight talent at other positions available to draft a QB who does not get it done.  They need to nail the evaluation.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on March 18, 2024, 10:05:04 PMI hate the idea of leaving topflight talent at other positions available to draft a QB who does not get it done.  They need to nail the evaluation.

I agree. We've done it before. Can't do it again.

GordonGekko80

JJ McCarthy will be drafted by NE as the #3 pick in the draft.

The first 3 QBs in the draft will go in these spots. I am pretty sure.

I don't think the Giants will be in a position to draft a quality QB at #6 without reaching (and even JJ might be a reach at #6 imho).