News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Realistic QB draft options

Started by MightyGiants, February 06, 2024, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 07, 2024, 10:42:26 AMAny Of the 3 really they all have questions.

Caleb Williams- has the mental question marks

Drake Maye- has a serious Sam Howell problem that no one is talking about. Plus he loses to absolutely horrible teams that he should never lose to.

Jayden Daniels spent 5 years in college and it took all 5 years and 3 elite wrs for him to finally put together a great year and he still lost.

Just saying that all of those guys have a ton of questions that no one is really talking about and Mccarthy at 21 has the most room to grow, and may actually have the least amount of questions, and he just wins at an absurd level.

I know people will say well its Michigan but you can ask @Philosophers Michigan has had teams under Harbaugh that couldn't win late in the season because they didn't have that guy, Shea Patterson wasn't it, and whoever else. It took Mccarthy for that team to get over the hump.

I will add my concern with Caleb.  The book on him is that he is this great, improve artist.  He is supposed to be the master of making off-script plays.   For me, when I hear what a prospect does well, I like to be able to confirm by production on the field.  Yet, most of the QB metrics that you would expect high grades from an improve-master QB (like grades under pressure or when scrambling) simply are not there.

I think with scouting there is a tendency to overvalue really good or really bad plays and not consider the overall body of work.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE