News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thoughts on this trade proposal to move up to number one

Started by MightyGiants, February 20, 2024, 02:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on February 20, 2024, 02:47:52 PMDumb

I agree; I posted this because, as a former GM, Mike was able to give a more realistic cost of what it would take for the Giants to make the trade.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

But what about trading up to 2 and taking Maye/Daniel's/McCarthy or whomever the 2nd QB is? Keep Kayvon and the rest remains the same?
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

Quote from: sooners56 on February 20, 2024, 03:05:18 PMBut what about trading up to 2 and taking Maye/Daniel's/McCarthy or whomever the 2nd QB is? Keep Kayvon and the rest remains the same?

Washington has a new GM and a new head coach, and their starting QB is 5th-round pick Sam Howell.  They are in a position to draft an elite quarterback. Do you think they will pass on that opportunity?

The Bear's trade assumes they stick with Justin Fields (as some have suggested they will or should do)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 20, 2024, 03:20:10 PMWashington has a new GM and a new head coach, and their starting QB is 5th-round pick Sam Howell.  They are in a position to draft an elite quarterback. Do you think they will pass on that opportunity?

The Bear's trade assumes they stick with Justin Fields (as some have suggested they will or should do)

I do assume the Commanders aren't sold on Howell, so I don't believe they would trade out, nor do I think the Bears will trade out. Based on the trade proposed by the former GM, I would not trade up to 1 but could possibly accept a trade with the Commanders or even the Patriots if Maye was still available and I didn't have to include Thibs.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 20, 2024, 02:46:05 PMhttps://x.com/GetUpESPN/status/1759941780575764587?s=20

Terrible. Would not even give up those draft picks to move up, let alone "throw in" KT. None of these QBs are worth trading away draft capital.

Bob In PA

Quote from: sooners56 on February 20, 2024, 03:05:18 PMBut what about trading up to 2 and taking Maye/Daniel's/McCarthy or whomever the 2nd QB is? Keep Kayvon and the rest remains the same?
sooners: I doubt you'll agree, but if the Giants move to 1 or 2 and fail to take Harrison, Jr., I would be very disappointed. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kingm56

Bob In PA

Quote from: kingm56 on February 20, 2024, 04:16:19 PMAgreed, Tim, with one slight caveat:

Historically dumb.

I know what you mean, but IMO it can only be historically dumb after we know who is selected and the careers that occur thereafter.

The quantity does remind me of the trade by the Vikings in 1989 for Herschel Walker.

Vikings gave up four players and eight future draft picks to Cowboys for Walker and three future draft picks.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

sooners56

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 20, 2024, 04:12:16 PMsooners: I doubt you'll agree, but if the Giants move to 1 or 2 and fail to take Harrison, Jr., I would be very disappointed. Bob

You are correct. I don't agree :) Harrison will likely be an absolute animal on the football field but WR is not a position you trade multiple high picks for. Maybe one high pick but not multiple.

madbadger

Don't think the Skins want to risk potentially losing a pro bowl quarterback within the division. If the Giants fall head over heels in love with Daniels I could see the Pats trading the 3rd overall pick though.

katkavage

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 20, 2024, 04:12:16 PMsooners: I doubt you'll agree, but if the Giants move to 1 or 2 and fail to take Harrison, Jr., I would be very disappointed. Bob
Maybe true, Bob, but the Giants wouldn't make that trade for a WR.

markdmd

Justin Fields has unfollowed the Bears on instagram.

Jclayton92

Justin Fields to Atlanta makes the most sense to me.