News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would you trade the Giant's 6 Pick in the 2024 Draft...

Started by Ed Vette, February 21, 2024, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Ed Vette on February 21, 2024, 07:00:19 PMUnfortunately it's a fantasy. He also has a no trade clause.

Ed: True, but (prolonging the fantasy) he may wish to have a brighter "spot-light" on himself and consider waiving the no-trade to go to the big city. lol  Or maybe he's not thrilled about have a run-first guy as his head coach? Just sayin'...  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 22, 2024, 01:06:26 PMEd: True, but (prolonging the fantasy) he may wish to have a brighter "spot-light" on himself and consider waiving the no-trade to go to the big city. lol  Or maybe he's not thrilled about have a run-first guy as his head coach? Just sayin'...  Bob

Bob,

The Chargers are already $35 million over the cap and their cap increases by another $89 million if they trade Herbert.  Ed's question is only a fantasy
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Nope as I don't think it's necessary.  There will be a good QB for us to take at 6.  As importantly, getting a rookie contract to utilize for your starting QB is huge when it comes to having available budget money for other positions.  Fans rarely take into account the budgeting side of constructing a team.

Bob In PA

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on February 22, 2024, 09:53:58 AMBut as we know, it's not his fault he's not lived up to the hype. How long has best WR been injured and therefore he doesn't have. WR1, it's not his fault Akler dropped off a cliff this year and it's not his fault the D couldn't hold a gigantic lead in a post season road game.
ED: There was a reason Archie Manning didn't want Eli to play for the Chargers. 

I don't know if that viewpoint is still valid or not, but I'll never forget it. 

The opposite of the viewpoint being expressed by this thread (in general) is that bringing him to the Giants might actually put the final nail in his coffin. lol

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!