News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

O'Hara "Giants drooling over WR Odunze at #6"

Started by sxdxca38, March 04, 2024, 11:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

Says they won't pass him up if he is there

Here is the link down below.

link

EliWasrobbed

we could draft jerry rice, if daniel jones and tommy devito are throwing we are not going to do anything in the NFC East
I don't preview my posts. I AM THE POST.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. "

Saquon defender. Jones hater. Giant forever.

"live strong and prosper or devolve"

Drake Maye enthusiast.

Jclayton92

Then why would the Giants be looking into Evans if they want a wr in the draft.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 05, 2024, 08:43:55 AMThen why would the Giants be looking into Evans if they want a wr in the draft.

I think they just want a WR so looking at both options.  If they could get a good one via FA, maybe it takes the need to draft one in round 1 off the table so they can have more options.  The problem I have with that approach is someone like Mike Evans is on the downside of his career versus drafting say Nabers or Odunze who are young, risers.  How does one offset the other?  Maybe you get Evans for 1-2 years.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 05, 2024, 08:43:55 AMThen why would the Giants be looking into Evans if they want a wr in the draft.

Didn't he re-sign with Tampa?

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on March 05, 2024, 11:03:02 AMDidn't he re-sign with Tampa?
He did, there was just a lot of smoke around the Giants, Chiefs, and panthers really looking into the top end of the Wr market at the combine.

katkavage

Many good receivers in this draft. And they have Hiatt who could develop. Adzune is very good but QB is a much greater need.

madbadger

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 05, 2024, 11:08:52 AMHe did, there was just a lot of smoke around the Giants, Chiefs, and panthers really looking into the top end of the Wr market at the combine.

This is such a deep draft at the position that they could find a day 1 starter with their first second round pick. If they're n the market for a physical receiver Coleman from FSU and Legget from USC will probably still be there. Personally I don't see the logic in adding a receiver in the first round when we have a bright Ken quarterback playing behind a line who can't block anyone. How frustrating it'll be watching our new shiny toy do next to nothing his rookie year because Jones gets wrecked again and Tommy DeVito is under center. YMMV

Jclayton92

Quote from: madbadger on March 05, 2024, 11:17:30 AMThis is such a deep draft at the position that they could find a day 1 starter with their first second round pick. If they're n the market for a physical receiver Coleman from FSU and Legget from USC will probably still be there. Personally I don't see the logic in adding a receiver in the first round when we have a bright Ken quarterback playing behind a line who can't block anyone. How frustrating it'll be watching our new shiny toy do next to nothing his rookie year because Jones gets wrecked again and Tommy DeVito is under center. YMMV
I agree, I'm hoping we just fix the line in FA and use the skills we already have until next year

Doc16LT56

Are we still in the era of draft incompetence that characterized the Reese and Gettleman regimes, where the Giants told the entire world who they wanted? Or is Schoen leveraging misinformation to his advantage?

ViewFromSection129

I don't want just another WR... I want an impact WR.  If the Giants think Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze are that stud WR, they would be foolish to pass him up.  If they think that they can get that in round 2 or 3, then go another direction in round 1, even trading down if they don't like the QBs.

I keep hearing how deep WR is, and that is fine, but if the top guys are legitimately thought of like Jefferson, Chase, or equivalent, then why wouldn't we draft one there, no matter what our QB situation is?  I want the Giants to identify talent and go for it, whether the position is deep in the draft or not.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: katkavage on March 05, 2024, 11:11:06 AMMany good receivers in this draft. And they have Hiatt who could develop. Adzune is very good but QB is a much greater need.

rather take a bonafide stud at WR at 6 than a question mark qb who will most likely fail.

Ed Vette

It's an incredible opportunity to be at the top of the draft this year. They can even trade down and still get a great player and a DB. If they screw it up and don't dive deep on these players and pick an Evan Neal, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

They have a choice between a Franchise QB, a plug and play OT, A number one Receiver and an elite Edge Rusher. Their modus operandi has been to fortify through Free Agency and then draft to fill the remaining needs. I think they need to truly consider their BPA in that equation.

Trading Down won't disappoint me too much because they can get additional second and third round picks. After the third round, it could be a crap shoot.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin