News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Done with Daniel Jones?

Started by Jclayton92, March 05, 2024, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 10:40:56 AMThere used to be a sports bar in Binghamton that had Tuesday Night specials: 1.00 for Rolling Rock "ponies" and "nickel wings"...my only experience with RR...not terrible...better than Genny, IMO (not saying much)

Schlitz is actually a great beer, and you can still get it at specialty beer houses. Tastes a lot like Yuengling. Utica Club is coming back in style in my area which is also a good beer...again, IMO
Or Rheingold.
 My beer is Rheingold the dry beer.
Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer.
It's not bitter, not sweet, it's the extra dry treat
Won't you try extra dry Rheingold beer?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

madbadger

They aren't going to stay with Jones past this year. In his short time in the NFL he has suffered multiple concussions, a broken collarbone, multiple sprained ankles, two significant neck injuries, one that resulted in surgery and a torn ACL. There is no way they want to move forward with a guy who can't make it through a full season without suffering a serious injury. His contract ensures he'll be on the roster this year but he was given his golden parachute by Mara and the writing is on the wall.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: madbadger on March 05, 2024, 11:01:51 AMThey aren't going to stay with Jones past this year. In his short time in the NFL he has suffered multiple concussions, a broken collarbone, multiple sprained ankles, two significant neck injuries, one that resulted in surgery and a torn ACL. There is no way they want to move forward with a guy who can't make it through a full season without suffering a serious injury. His contract ensures he'll be on the roster this year but he was given his golden parachute by Mara and the writing is on the wall.

Sounds like you are describing the results of a pitiful offensive line
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Quote from: madbadger on March 05, 2024, 11:01:51 AMThey aren't going to stay with Jones past this year. In his short time in the NFL he has suffered multiple concussions, a broken collarbone, multiple sprained ankles, two significant neck injuries, one that resulted in surgery and a torn ACL. There is no way they want to move forward with a guy who can't make it through a full season without suffering a serious injury. His contract ensures he'll be on the roster this year but he was given his golden parachute by Mara and the writing is on the wall.
And that doesn't consider his "performance" on the field.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

files58

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 10:40:56 AMThere used to be a sports bar in Binghamton that had Tuesday Night specials: 1.00 for Rolling Rock "ponies" and "nickel wings"...my only experience with RR...not terrible...better than Genny, IMO (not saying much)

Schlitz is actually a great beer, and you can still get it at specialty beer houses. Tastes a lot like Yuengling. Utica Club is coming back in style in my area which is also a good beer...again, IMO

My favorite summertime beer in Monticello, NY circa mid-late 70's was Genesee Cream Ale in the green can. Now I'm an IPA guy(Heady Topper, by The Alchemist). My son is a student at Binghamton, he talks about Thirsty Thursdays. They were done with Jones when the Surface was tossed. 

Sem

I have lots to say about this, but I shall bite my tongue so as to not derail this thread further.  :cheers:

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 05, 2024, 10:53:36 AMOr Rheingold.
 My beer is Rheingold the dry beer.
Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer.
It's not bitter, not sweet, it's the extra dry treat
Won't you try extra dry Rheingold beer?

Bert and Harry would have a lot to say about that. Piels Beer was their fav.

And let's not forget the beer of my beloved Brooklyn Bums.  Shaeffer Beer. I was too young to engage in them before they left. And seems the beer went with them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

files58

Quote from: LennG on March 05, 2024, 11:40:41 AMBert and Harry would have a lot to say about that. Pixels Beer was their fav.

And let's not forget the beer of my beloved Brooklyn Bums.  Shaeffer Beer. I was too young to engage in them before they left. And seems the beer went with them.

Shaeffer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one.....

files58

Quote from: Sem on March 05, 2024, 11:15:15 AMI have lots to say about this, but I shall bite my tongue so as to not derail this thread further.  :cheers:

Please derail. Any discussion about Jones needs to have a drinking element attached. Drink enough and maybe we can think his first name is Bert and not Daniel.  <:-P  ;)

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: files58 on March 05, 2024, 11:06:13 AMMy favorite summertime beer in Monticello, NY circa mid-late 70's was Genesee Cream Ale in the green can. Now I'm an IPA guy(Heady Topper, by The Alchemist). My son is a student at Binghamton, he talks about Thirsty Thursdays. They were done with Jones when the Surface was tossed. 

You're right...anytime a new DJ thread starts, we should talk about beer...  =))

Genny Cream Ale wasn't bad compared to their regular beer...their 12 Horse Ale was better IMO, but I don't drink Genny

Yuengling is so popular in Pennsylvania and southern Upstate New York, that most people just ask for a "lager" and the bartender knows they want Yuengling

Utica Club is good, as I mentioned before...hard to find sometimes. I loved their old slogan back in the 60's: "We drink all we can, the rest we sell". Little known fact, Utica, NY had more beer companies than any other place in the U.S. up to the point of prohibition. And when prohibition ended in 1933, Utica Club was the first legal beer sold in the United States. Utica was known as the beer brewing capital of the world at one time with nearly 50 different companies. UC almost went extinct in the 80's and 90's after the name was changed to Matt Brewing Company by FX Matt, who concentrated primarily on designer beers under the name of Saranac. But after an advertising campaign, their standard beer (and cash cow) is regular UC, and has had an amazing comeback. Another tidbit of useless knowledge about Utica Club is, Comedian Jonathan Winters got his start in show biz as the voices of Schultz and Dooley, as well as other character steins for UC

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 12:41:01 PMYou're right...anytime a new DJ thread starts, we should talk about beer...  =))

Genny Cream Ale wasn't bad compared to their regular beer...their 12 Horse Ale was better IMO, but I don't drink Genny

Yuengling is so popular in Pennsylvania and southern Upstate New York, that most people just ask for a "lager" and the bartender knows they want Yuengling

Utica Club is good, as I mentioned before...hard to find sometimes. I loved their old slogan back in the 60's: "We drink all we can, the rest we sell". Little known fact, Utica, NY had more beer companies than any other place in the U.S. up to the point of prohibition. And when prohibition ended in 1933, Utica Club was the first legal beer sold in the United States. Utica was known as the beer brewing capital of the world at one time with nearly 50 different companies. UC almost went extinct in the 80's and 90's after the name was changed to Matt Brewing Company by FX Matt, who concentrated primarily on designer beers under the name of Saranac. But after an advertising campaign, their standard beer (and cash cow) is regular UC, and has had an amazing comeback. Another tidbit of useless knowledge about Utica Club is, Comedian Jonathan Winters got his start in show biz as the voices of Schultz and Dooley, as well as other character steins for UC

There are a couple of good Brewing companies in Cooperstown. I gave up beer years ago but I liked their brew.
https://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/
https://www.ommegang.com/
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 05, 2024, 12:46:58 PMThere are a couple of good Brewing companies in Cooperstown. I gave up beer years ago but I liked their brew.
https://www.cooperstownbrewing.com/
https://www.ommegang.com/
Never had the cooperstown beer, but have had my share of Oomegang. I like some of them, but not all of them. Not a beer I'd drink everyday. But I do love the area around that crystal clear, pristine Otsego Lake...stunningly beautiful area. I love their golf course in Cooperstown, but my balls have a homing device that seeks water...so there's that  :(

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 05, 2024, 01:03:51 PMNever had the cooperstown beer, but have had my share of Oomegang. I like some of them, but not all of them. Not a beer I'd drink everyday. But I do love the area around that crystal clear, pristine Otsego Lake...stunningly beautiful area. I love their golf course in Cooperstown, but my balls have a homing device that seeks water...so there's that  :(

My favorite place was the porch of the Otesaga Hotel at Sunset with a Cuban cigar and a nice Brandy overlooking the lake.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Sounds like a perfect evening Ed. The Otesaga Hotel is great...and sitting on the front porch overlooking the golf course, you can watch people hit $3.00 balls into water all day. Of course, at sunset there's not as many golfers. They probably wouldn't let you smoke a cigar there anymore  :(

I have mental golf issues when it comes to water. No matter what I try, I can't put the water out of my head and my ball can find the smallest pond or creek on the course. My golf club and ball is better than a divining rod for finding water. Cooperstown's golf course is built around and on water...note the tee box (that would eat up every ball in my bag). The whole course was built to discourage golfers like me to quit the game

I used to go to Cooperstown a lot for genealogical research. One time I was there and I wasn't aware it was Hall of Fame induction week. While looking for a restaurant on main street, I ran into Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle signing autographs for a slew of kids. Stupid me, I was too proud to step into one of the many souvenir shops to buy an old ball and stand in line with all the kids  :(  Huge mistake on my part. Damn pride!!!  ~X(

spiderblue43

I am willing to add quality young players then reach for a qb. Yes, the challenge is maybe next year's qb class might not be great (we'll see) but adding a star wr and using our picks to address other areas of need is my prescription.

And Jones has a much better chance to finish his lame duck season.