News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- OJ Simpson dead

Started by spiderblue43, April 11, 2024, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Incredible football player.

Horrible human.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 11, 2024, 03:49:40 PMOne thing that I have repeatedly marveled at is the complexity of people.  Too often, we see people putting them in boxes of good guys and bad guys.  Yet here is a man who murdered two people in cold blood but was more than willing to take time out of his busy life to do something nice for a fan.  It's hard to wrap one's head around the idea that people can be good and bad.

It doesn't seem so strange if we see that both are manifestations of ego.  Bathing in the adulation of kids is ego.  Slaughtering the wife who rejected you and a guy who, in your mind, was in a relationship with her is ego.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

LennG

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 11, 2024, 06:45:58 PMIncredible football player.

Horrible human.

You said it best Dave. Incredible football player, less than average actor, and the lowest of the low as a human being, regardless if he signed any autographs.  I hope his ex-wife and Ron Goldman are cheering this in heaven because he won't be joining them there.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin