News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which was the team's best value pick

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 04:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

While also accounting for value, who is your favorite

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 27, 2024, 05:00:36 PMNot trying to be negative, but none of these picks scream "steal" to me at this stage. That doesn't mean they won't end up being that, of course, but that's just how it feels at this stage.

I went with Nubin. Getting the consensus best pure safety in the draft 47th overall feels like solid value to me. He seems like a really good playmaker who may end up being better than McKinney.

I agree. My pick would be Nubin, although I didn't expect him (or any other safety) to go much higher than 47.

I just don't see any of the bottom 4 picks contributing in any meaningful way - outside of maybe Theo as a blocker or Tracy as a kick returner.

Phillips was a reach and the biggest disappointment IMO. They should have drafted Beebe or Goncalves in the third. And still could have walked away with Tampa (the CB I wanted) in the 4th. Ravens got a steal.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Stringer Bell on April 28, 2024, 11:31:10 AMI agree. My pick would be Nubin, although I didn't expect him (or any other safety) to go much higher than 47.

I just don't see any of the bottom 4 picks contributing in any meaningful way - outside of maybe Theo as a blocker or Tracy as a kick returner.

Phillips was a reach and the biggest disappointment IMO. They should have drafted Beebe or Goncalves in the third. And still could have walked away with Tampa (the CB I wanted) in the 4th. Ravens got a steal.

I like Beebe a lot as well and am annoyed he's on the Cowboys.

Jclayton92

John Jiles easily because if he hits like some evaluators think then he'd be the best value as a UDFA

Was one of the best safety prospects in the nation coming out of high school that could play Wr. Didn't take high school seriously but when he got to college took a year off to get his grades right and dominated D2 last year making it to the D2 Heisman showcase. Got recruited hard by D1 but the guy is a 6'3 215lb monster with speed and is a bully/contested catch guy which we all liked in Odunze. Turned down CFL after 2 years trying Wr at juco.

Full scouting and report on him

From the video
"Of all the D2 or FCS or IPP prospects, the likely UDFA or 7th-round (at best) type of prospects that I've watched tape on, on the offensive side of the ball, and there's probably 300-400+ of them (QB-RB-WR-TE and O-Line) and counting this year (as always), hunting for hidden gems...John Jiles might 'the one'...might be the 'best hidden gem of the draft year' candidate – and is the #1 among them right now, to me, but I'm still looking through prospect tape and data up to the draft, and beyond."

https://youtu.be/0hspo64kucY?si=cvyI1zXylufnaGnS

Highlights

https://youtu.be/bhFzMcvD-e4?si=RdnMuq9FcgGJhzMT